Chapter 4

Cynthia was at hometown which was Celestic Town. Inside of her room, her room was a mess.

She had a bandage around her head and her fists was bleeding and bruised. Broken glasses were on the ground with blood everywhere including books and shaft.

She was sitting down on her messy and broken bed with her eyes fill with sadness, regret, guilt and shame. She was the only one that survived the crash including the pilot which was Lance.

When she saw the plan crash with Ash still inside. She realized, she couldn't have save him. And now? She is totally blaming herself for his death. He was just a kid and it was her responsible to protect him.

Her eyes were a bit bloodshot and faint tears leaking down on her cheeks. She grip her hair as she scream and punch the wall which it crack a little and ton of blood escaped her fist. She crash to he knees and repeatedly punch the floor with her bloody fists.

To be less, everyone was worried about her. Including Ash's friends but only Misty, May, Serena and Max blame her for his death and even told her to kill herself since nobody cares about her. The most of Ash's friends that visit her was Dawn and Brock. Even though they hardly didn't spent a lot of time each other and barely know each other. Dawn and Brock welcome her with open arms and they didn't blame her for Ash's death, since they know it was Ash the one who had to go when Cynthia tired to stop him from going.

"Damn it... Stupid Cynthia, why didn't you stop Ash from going with you? Better not think about it. No, it was my fault that he died. It my duty as the Champion of Sinnoh to protect anyone... Seems my career is over." She sadly said before she sat down on the ground with her face exhausted and remember the things Serena said.

Serena is a girl from the Kalos region which everyone didn't like her, why? Because she is a bully and always treated everyone badly. She had been going after Ash's pants ever since she met him again in Kanto. So now? Yup.

She lay down on the ground with her arms and legs open and looking atop of the roof with her emotionless face. She sigh before she close her eyes and think about what will happen to her if Ash's mother knows that it was her fault that Ash died on the helicopter.

Inside of Delia's house. She was crying and sobbing, without stopping as she was sitting down on her couch with her face burried on her knees and place were mess up. When the moment she heard the Jenny said that Ash is dead, she immediately broke down crying and begged the Jennys if it wasn't true. They sadly replied that it was true and they tried to confront them but Delia said that she needs to be alone which the Jennys drove away.

Gary and Samual tried to lighten her mood but only to receive many tears and sobs. Nobody and NOBODY could confront her anymore, not even Ash's friends. His death really made everyone's heart shattered into billions pieces. And she knew. Without Ash, she was entirely alone and broken with no one with her anymore ever since her husband died, she vowed to protect Ash and it seems that she couldn't do anything about it.

It was only a few days before Ash's funeral started. Cynthia was now at Delia's doorstep which she was prepared to neither get slapped to the face and shouted at her for Ash's death or kill her or torture her. She knock the door first before they was a slow footsteps approaching and the door was open by Delia, eyes were so red and puffy, black circles around her eyes and her hair messed up. She look at Cynthia before Cynthia kneel down.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Ketchum... I know I caused your son's d-." Before she could finish her sentence, Delia pulled her into a warm hug which surprised Cynthia.

"No... It's not your fault, it wasn't anybody's fault. So, don't blame yourself for his death. I know you tried to stop him and you couldn't stop him from going but... I wasn't your fault at all, I was his or mine fault..."

"It is. Serena blame me that I'd be better if I kill myself, exchange for Ash's life." Delia sigh, sadly, what has happened to the Serena she knew.

"No. Come in, and we'll talk about this." Delia said before Cynthia slowly nodded and they both went inside the house. Cynthia sat down on the couch while Delia was making green tea. Cynthia look around the room and saw nearly every furniture was broken, probably Delia was so sad that she had to broke some furnitures.

Delia came back with green teas and she placed them on the table before she sits forward to Cynthia. "So... I heard that Tobias won the Sinnoh Conference and us now taking on the Sinnoh Elite Four?" Cynthia nodded before Delia chuckle quietly and sip her green tea.

"Why didn't you blame me for your son's death? Like how Serena, Misty, Max and May said that I don't deserve their apologies and Serena want make me to root in hell?" Delia look at her and she form a sad smile on her face.

"Because, it wasn't even you fault, it's not everyone's fault, this was neither Ash or my own fault, Ash's fault is where his stubbornness consumed him to do reckless things that he wasn't supposed to do and my fault where I just... tell him that he could go with you. It doesn't matter anyway, all I know is that, he is must be with Arceus side now. So please, don't blame yourself for his death, while I'll deal with Serena's behaviors." Delia said to her and she nodded.

"Does Serena love Ash in a romantic way or...?"

"Yes. Serena had a 'thing' for my son, she even tried force me to arrange a wedding for she and Ash, after she returns back to Kanto, everytime she would come to visit Ash while Ash always wanted to shut the door and was tired of Serena's excuses that she'll marry Ash, one day. She even tried to drag him to her house and  bathroom and what I think she is likely trying to rape my son." Cynthia groan in disgust and Delia scoffed playfully.

"Yes, I know. Back then Serena was also very cruel and ruthless to everyone that she had dumped many males in the past until she met Ash when they were six years old. She began to tried to take him away from me until her mother had enough trouble and they flew off to Kalos. After Ash started his journey, he encountered her again and this time, she attempted to convince Ash to be her boyfriend buuuut..." Cynthia chuckle when she knew the answer to that.

"And let me guess... He ultimately declined and she challenge him to a battle which she lose and Ash continues his journey." Delia giggle and nodded which Cynthia smile.

"Seems that you move on a little without him." Delia nodded a little before he sigh in sadness.

"Of course. Ash would always say that he doesn't like to see me crying and I would not be in a mess and will try to move on, I think it'll made him happy." Cynthia then pulled Delia in a hug and Delia hug back.

After that, they began to talk and they were laughing and smiling.