Forward

I grabbed my sister Issie by her sleeve and pulled her up the mountain. We were leaving, we couldn't stay there for one more moment. The party had been crashed, and not in a cool, funny way.

I continued walking up the mountain with Issie, ignoring the yells coming from the house we just left from. I knew Issie didn't know why we were leaving but I also knew Issie had a guess.

On the way up I tripped on a giant branch that was coming out of the ground. I fell face first into some sort of hole in front of me. I heard Issie yell but after that I blacked out.

When I woke up I saw red, which freaked me out. I screamed and fell out of the bed I was in. When I fell I learned that it wasn't just me seeing red the entire room looked like it was in some red hue.

I heard footsteps outside the door and watched as Issie walked in. She saw me and stopped.

"Are you okay," she asks me. I nod and stand up, with help from Issie, of course. She started to walk out of the room and I followed her quickly.

"So, (Y/N), we're staying at someone named Toriel's house. She has a daughter named Frisk, too. It's pretty sweet," Issie informed me. She led me through a room with a staircase in it and through a room with a bunch of books in it. She finally stopped in what seemed to be the kitchen.

There were two other people in there. One looked like a goat but they were standing on two legs and wearing a dress. The other was a short girl who wore a sweater with two purple stripes going through it.

I silently waved at the two and awkwardly stood there as Issie and Toriel talked. Issie was introducing me to the goat woman and I was staring at Frisk. She seemed surprised by us, more specifically, me. She was staring at Toriel with a look of love in her eyes.

I looked away when she started turning to face me. I didn't want her to know I was staring at her. I looked over at the goat woman instead. She spotted me looking at her and smiled.

I gave a small smile back and she continued chatting with Issie. I turned away and looked at the doorway to the kitchen. Oh, how I wanted to leave. Eventually I felt something grab my hand and I quickly turned only to face Frisk.

She started walking as quickly as she had grabbed my hand and I just followed. I didn't know what else to do. She led me out of the room and into the room with a bunch of books. She pulled one off the shelf. It was called 50 uses of snails and it actually seemed pretty easy.

I didn't know why I didn't speak but I didn't feel comfortable, even though these folks were really nice to me and Issie. I still didn't speak a word, and I didn't need to.

Me and Issie were there for a week until Issie claimed to be bored of it. And, to be honest, I was too. We had seen all the ruins and the only place we haven't been was down the stairs.

So, late into the night, when Toriel and Frisk were asleep, Issie took her hand in mine and we walked around over to the stairs. We silently walked down, only having the stairs creek a few times.

We continued down the stairs until we hit the bottom. We were faced with a long hallway and I could feel Issie tense up. Soon I felt what she did. A breeze was going through the hallway.

This was very confusing. Is there a door open or something? Is someone at that door? Is it just a random breeze or something?

I pulled Issie forward as I started walking down the hallway, curiosity taking over me. That breeze had to be from somewhere.

When Issie and I reached the end of the hallway we saw what the breeze came from. A door was slightly open and through it I could see a blur of pure white. It was almost blinding it was so bright.

How is there snow? We're underground? What?

Just as I stepped outside I felt a bunch of freezing cold air. Then I heard Issie behind me gasp and jump out of the hallway to me. I looked at her confusingly but she pulled me into the forest that was around the path. She hid behind a tree and I followed her actions, hiding behind a tree across from it.

I saw Toriel peek her head out and call for us. My heart broke in my chest and I wanted to run over to her and hug her and tell her we're here but I couldn't. She kept us from this? A whole other world almost! And she kept it secret.

I stayed behind the tree and heard as Issie pulled in a breath and silently started crying. I looked over at her and gave her a sad look before looking back at Toriel. Toriel called for us once more and slowly pulled her head back into the hallway.

She closed the door slowly behind her and I knew it as soon as I heard a faint click, we were stuck out here now. I felt my heart shatter a little more but I ignored it and started walking out of my hiding place.

"Issie, come on, we gotta get going if we wanna survive," I said to Issie, she understood and walked over to me. I took her hand and walked forward on the path, Issie still silently crying.

I didn't want to see Toriel so sad but I knew we had to keep going. I thought I was just exploring at first but after standing out here in the freezing cold, I knew I had to keep moving.

I had to go forward.