Weird

The feeling of being protected left me as soon as I closed my eyes. It was time to sleep and I knew that after today, I would need it. But I couldn't. I didn't want to go back to Chara.

I laid there, staring at the ceiling and waiting for life to kill me. To make me disappear from all my troubles.

After Issie tried to attack me, or something, we hit her on the head and she passed out. We carried her back here and she woke up about an hour later.

She said she didn't remember anything and I believed her. Maybe something happened. Maybe someone made her do that.

My thoughts had went to Chara, but I couldn't know for sure. It couldn't be Chara, Chara's coming after me, not Issie.

When I fell asleep, I learned otherwise.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Did you like the little show I put on with your sister? She was quite an easy target!"

"Leave my sister alone," I screamed at Chara.

"Ah, but what's the fun in that...? Anyways, we have to finish something from last time, don't we?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," I stutter out. I didn't kill a monster. I wouldn't ever kill anything!

But I dreaded what was to come. I hated every second of it. Pain came at my in shakes. My body ached.

It felt like I was being killed over and over again. There was no end to the terrible pain. I screamed so much that my throat started chasing too.

After a while, Chara stopped.

"You're about to wake up," she noted. I wiped blood of my chin and smiled as the pain maker stopped. "I have to leave."

I laid on the ground, abused and hurt. My body ached over and over. It came in quakes that caused my body to shake violently.

I flinched when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N)," asks Issie. She shakes me awake and I bolt up. My breaths come short and I can't stop tears from running down my face.

The pain was gone. The searing pain I felt in my dreams, in my head, was gone. I wanted to thank god, I wanted to praise Jesus.

But I knew this would only last for so long. When I looked around I found myself on the couch at the skeletons house.

I guess I was napping. Though I know I won't sleep anytime soon after that. I would never sleep again if it meant I wouldn't have to see Chara again.

Then it hit me. I need to tell someone about Chara. It's clear she's powerful and I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt because of her.

I stood up and lightly pushed Issie away. I walked to the bathroom, Issie following close behind me.

Closing the door on her face, I sat down. My breathing was heavy and my thoughts were annoying.

I felt like throwing up a bit but I didn't. Instead, I closed my eyes and tried to calm my beating heart.

Deep breaths, I reminded myself. Take deep breaths. Calm down like you always do.

I couldn't though. Every time I managed to calm down, I would think about Chara and then I'd be sent right back into panic.

There was a bathtub next to me, covered by a curtain. This is only important because Sans popped out, his grin scaring me.

"you okay, kid? you look sick," he pointed out. I stare at him for a moment. You debated not answering but realized you needed to protect Issie from Chara. You'd talk to him, even if it was just this once.

"No, I'm not," you answer honestly. This is the opportunity to tell him about Chara. To ask who she is and why she was here. "I've been having weird dreams."

Immediately, Sans's eyes glare at you. He looks suspicious and almost hateful. The look scared you a little.

"what kind of dreams, kid?"

"Well, there's this girl and she did something to Issie. That's why I'm telling you about it, cause I don't want Issie getting hurt."

"what girl? what did she tell you to do? what'd she do to issie?"

"Uhm, she said her name was Chara and she kept telling me to kill different monsters. I won't, of course! You guys are all so amazing and I'm talking a lot and she made Issie try and hurt me. I think she controlled her or something."

Sans looked at you, distrust on his face. You didn't know what to say to him beyond that. You stood up and waved slightly before leaving.

It didn't hit you until when you got to the couch that you wondered what he was even doing in the bathroom.

I mean, it isn't normal to just casually be sitting in the bathtub. You also wondered about his look of distrust.

Maybe you did something wrong. Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned Chara. Maybe—. Man, this place is getting you way too riled up.

You took a deep breath. You were about to take another when Papyrus ran in, Issie on his shoulder.

This place was weird.