Chapter II

~kelsey~

I rolled over on my bed, trying to get out of  the sun ray that was hitting me directly on the face through my cotton see through window covers, I groaned as my alarm clock went off, getting up slightly to hit it so it keeps shut, I have no idea why it rang, it's Saturday! Nevertheless I got up and checked the time it was past 11! Wow was I planning on sleeping my whole day away? Probably.

The week had been hectic and I planned on sleeping my weekends away but you make plans and God laughs, I had promised my mom I'd take her grocery shopping today, and I could already Hear her footsteps coming towards my door. "fuck!" I mutter and in a matter of seconds I hear huge loud bangs on my door.

"Kelsey honey, please hurry up, we're going to be stuck in traffic if you waste any more time, get down in 5 minutes" my mom yells and goes back down stairs.

If only she knew I hadn't showered or brushed.

I rushed into the shower, scrubbing the important parts with one hand and brushed my teeth with the other, you never wanna keep my mom waiting, you just don't, and in a matter of minutes I was done brushing and bathing, call me Kelsey Flash.

I dried myself and dabbed some lotion onto my skin and sprayed my body spray, I threw on my white plain hoodie and my black jeans, brushed my hair and put on my vans sneakers and dashed downstairs.

"Mommmmm!"  I yell and that was when I hear Valerie ring the door bell, without hesitation I flung the door open and jeez I couldn't believe what I saw, when I inquired she let out a sigh and continued.

"hey kelsey"

"I asked what happened Valarie, save the salutations" I spit.

"obviously, my step mom was a little mad I got home 30 minutes past my curfew and decided to take it out on my beautiful face" she joked walking pass me into my living room and gradually sitting down, I could tell she was in pain.

"a little?"

"OK maybe really mad"

"Valarie this has to stop, that witch can't keep using you as a punching bag, she's going to kill you one of these days Val"

"kelsey-"

"no you listen Val, you have to do something, leave that psycho lady"

"I have nowhere to go to-" she sobs trying to fight back tears and then continues "I've been with the psycho lady for 8 years and I haven't died yet, I'm pretty sure I can survive another year kels, after grad I'm leaving for Tennessee, to go stay with my grandparents, till I get accepted into college" she said glaring into my eyes.

I sighed and walked closer to give her a hug, immediately my mom stormed out and we released ourselves.. Awkward.

"Good Afternoon Mrs brown"

"good afternoon Valarie, what happened?"

"minor fall ma, nothing to be worried about"

immediately those words came out of Vals mouth I glared at her, my mom works at the police and I'm sure if she knew what really happened to Valarie, that old hag called Alice would be behind bars, but Valarie was scared of the thought,so I let it go.

"well I guess kelsey should stay here and take care of you, I'll go to the grocery shop alone" my mom said giving me a knowing look before exiting.

Silence.

"Go upstairs, use my shower, change into something from my closet, brunch would be ready by the time you get here and, we could treat your wounds"  I said inspecting the bruises and cuts I found on Vals body.

"Thanks kel, but brunch isn't needed, I'll just get showered and get going"

"to where?"

"work silly, today's my shift"

" are you shitting with me right now Val?, you look like a truck fell directly on you, no 2 trucks, you can even barely work by yourself and you wanna go to work? No freaking way, you're showering, you're eating and taking a 2 hour nap in my room" I thundered and headed right for the kitchen without giving her a chance to object.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

~Valarie~

Oh kelsey Brown, he has always been so thoughtful and protective of me, ever since 5th grade, we've been friends since elementary school and now we are 1 year away from graduating high school, and I couldn't thank him enough for being with me through the experience and having my back in everything. When my dad passed away, he cried with me, and mourned with me, he did everything he could to make sure I was OK, he brought me flowers everyday for the whole 5 months I mourned, he made sure to stop by my house to check up on me and sometimes snuck into my room through my window to tuck me into bed, when I resumed school I was failing drastically and he became my tutor, he tutored me effortlessly and In a matter of weeks I improved, one time at a party we were both invited to, these two jerks, Jackson and Freddy tried to sexually harass me, and Kelsey made sure to give them the beating of their lives.
      Kelsey was a handsome, young fella with eyes as green as grass, nose as pointy as pin, with lips as red as blood, he had really broad shoulders, and strong chest, with well toned six pack abs, and toned biceps, you could easily tell he lives in the gym, Kelsey was well built. His hair was blond and wavy and he was standing at 6'4, he had a very lovable personality, despite his good looks, height and popularity, he was grounded and not a jerk, he was a perfect gentleman. People at Groseville high always thought he dated me, but I have never liked Kelsey in that manner, he was my best friend! And besides he was dating Anabelle Richards...my worst enemy at school. The irony yeah? I always wondered what he saw in her, when they started dating kelsey hid it from me for a while, and then I found them in a heated make out section in one of me and Kelsey's favorites hang out spot The hub, i pretended not to see them, and then confronted him the next day about it, he couldn't lie about it and so I slapped him across the face and walked away! Tears streaming my eyes, I thought I had lost my best friend, we didn't speak for weeks, and then Kelsey came over to my house, with the help of Georgia threw me an apology party, I couldn't help but forgive him, and slowly began to accept that my best friend was in a relationship with my worst enemy, how bizarre.

I got up and headed upstairs to kelsey's room, undressing myself while groaning a little from accidentally touching some of my wounds. And then I got into the shower, I sat there crying and letting out all the pain I had held in front of Kel, after a while I was done and a smile stretched across my face, I dried myself and threw on one of kelsey's oversized hoodies, and tied my hair up in a bun! And tugged downstairs, I went into the kitchen and saw, two plates of fresh bacon, mashed potatoes, chips and glasses of milk, sitting across each other at the table.

"Sit muffin, brunch is served", kelsey announced while ticking my sides.