one.

shawn

"are you ready shawn?", my manager andrew asks me. "yeah, i think we can start", i reply. i sit down. there are many lights shining down onto me.

"so shawn, you've started from nothing two years ago, just sitting a front of a camera covering song and now you're sitting here. telling us about your upcoming world tour and and your first album. how does that feel?", the interviewer asks me. "great, to know that people support me everyday and listen to my music and love it just as much as i do is an awesome feeling.", i answer.

i know that i always have to be careful when i answer questions, andrew told me that over and over again. people can get any word i say in a wrong way so i must be careful.

"you just came back from touring with taylor swift, where you already performed many of your songs from the new album with is dropping in two weeks, what are we supposed to expect from your debut album, what are topics you're talking about?" "obviously love is a big topic.", i laugh. "but where love is, is also pain so you can also expect some sad song, but also some life lesson songs and topics, i feel like i'm also talking about some important stuff."

"did you write you're songs all by your own and are these songs about experiences you had?" "i wrote some alone, some i wrote with other people but i wrote on every song something. and i can't define that a hundred percent like some are about own experiences, but some others are also about what people around me experienced."

"sounds great, so we have one last question for you, which many, many fans of you recommended us to ask: do you have a girlfriend?" "i do not have a girlfriend, to be honest with you guys i was never in love." "so to all the girls: he's single, and shawn thank you for your time and the interview!" "thank you too!", i smile.

i put off my mic and walk out of the lights. "well done shawn, now we can drive back to the hotel, so you can get some rest before we fly back to toronto. ", andrew says.

as soon as i'm back in the hotel, i lay on my bed. i'm pretty tired from the tour but still happy. i still don't realise sometimes that i'm living my dream. i scroll through instagram and look what some fanpages posted. my fans are the best fans i could wish for!

but sometimes i wish i could talk to them without them freaking out about me, just as they wouldn't know who i am. i suddenly have an idea.

i click on add account and create a new one. what am i going to call my fan account? hmm. just 'storymendes'. i press create. so now i have a fan page. i can talk to my fans now as someone normal. so i start following random fanpages and like many posts. i suddenly get a message. i click on it. i see it's a fan account.

@thatmendes: hey, i saw you're a new fan account, so i just wanted to welcome you in the mendesarmy. i'm elena. :)

——————————————————
hey, and welcome to my new story. for the usernames i just took random ones so idk the people behind the real accounts or if they are even real so don't wonder. as you probably figured out already this is going to be with many "text conversations" but also with a lot of normal text, so i hope you enjoy!
vicky