Chapter 10-Training Arc

Hey everyone.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. I wish I did. I would be so rich… Oh well.

Hokage Tower….

As Naruto walked to the Hokage's Tower, he thought about what had transpired in the past few months. He managed to unlock a cool thingy. He defeated a chunin level ninja and passed the evil academy. He got placed on a team with an evil sensei, lazy genius, and an obsessed bug boy. And in the past three months, he only had ramen five times.

While that was good for his wallet, it was torture for his soul. Personally, he blamed Asuma for that. He even had the nerve to talk to Naruto about his eating habits.

"You shouldn't eat ramen every day. You'll die before you're eighteen."

Asuma could only gawked at Naruto as he had swiftly replied with, "Your point is? I would have died happy and full!"

"And broke!"

"Let's just focus on the positives here."

Naruto was so busy caught up in his memories, he didn't realize that he was standing in front of the Hokage's office. Knocking twice on the wooden door, he heard an old and familiar voice give him permission to come in.

"Have a seat Naruto."

Sarutobi was in his late sixties, and he realized not for the first time in a while was getting old. However, since the death of his successor, not many people could stack up to him in comparison. He would've liked to hand over the title to someone else, but the process was taxing and caused even more paperwork. Now since these days were peaceful now, the only excitement he had was reading his student's "suggestive" novels. So when he was told that Naruto might have unlocked a new bloodline, he was thrilled and beaming with happiness.

At least until he saw the amount of paperwork he had to fill out…

Five Minutes Later…

"And that's how it happened." Naruto started scratching the back of his head as he watched Sarutobi scratch his chin. After a few minutes of pondering, Sarutobi leaned back into his chair.

"I see. You have unlocked a very rare bloodline Naruto-kun. The wielders call it the Crystal release Style." Naruto sweat dropped.

"I figured that part out a while ago Jiji, but does it allow me to do anything special?"

"I don't know about that. Crystal users are extremely rare. I have only heard of them in passing. I'm afraid you'll have to find and make any techniques yourself Naruto-kun."

Naruto wailed as he pulled his hair against his scalp.

"Crap!"

"Well thanks anyway Jiji. I'd best get back to my training with the others."

Naruto brushed dirt off his pants as a blur ran past him.

"Today I will be Hokage, old man!" Naruto watched a small blue blur run past him as he turned around.

A boy no older than eight wore a yellow shirt with the Konoha symbol, with grey shorts and the longest blue scarf in the world. He pointed a finger at the Hokage with a look of determination on his face. Unfortunately, that long scarf turned out to be his downfall. The kid tripped on the scarf, lost his balance and landed flat on his face. Naruto couldn't help but let out a snicker. Well that's a lie. He busted out laughing and fell on his side. Gathering himself quickly, he placed a hand over his mouth to express sympathy with the fallen boy.