Quidditch Date

Today was a beautiful day at Hogwarts. The sun was casting a warm and welcoming spell down on all of the students in the courtyard. There was a light, refreshing breeze that would come through every now and then making the weather more bearable. Students sat around with their friends or stood up as they chatted amongst themselves, sucking up this unusually warm weather we've been having recently.

My friend, who was in Gryffindor, was sat beside me in the grass, her long, pale legs criss crossed and her arms supporting her from behind as she leaned her head back, soaking up some rays. Her ocean blue eyes were closed and her long red, curly hair was dancing around with the wind. I, however, was not really soaking up the rays. I was staring (more like drooling) at one of the most gorgeous guys I've ever seen at Hogwarts.

Dalton Rapattoni.

He's in the same year as me, which is year 6, and he's a Ravenclaw. He's really intelligent, sweet, gorgeous, funny, adorable, everything I look for in a guy. Oh, and did I mention he's on the Quidditch team?

Well, he most certainly is, my friend.

He has blond, spiky hair with dark roots and these beautiful sea green eyes. His jawline is very defined and his slightly tanned skin is so flawless which is not fair at all. He's not that tall compared to me, probably around 5'8" or 5'9" while I'm only 5'4" with a short torso and long legs.

Sadly, I don't think he's into me seeing as I'm just an awkward, weird, and shy Hufflepuff who has no confidence whatsoever and doesn't know how to interact socially with people. Not to mention he's popular with a ton of friends and has multiple girls desperately trying to get with him.

So yeah, I have no chance.

"You're staring at him again." My friend Gabby said, rolling her eyes.

"Can you blame me? He's so attractive." I said dreamily.

"Yes, and you tell me this every day. Dude, just ask him out already so you can stop looking at him like some lovesick puppy."

"That's the problem, Gabby. I can't. I'm just not a brave Gryffindor like you are, okay?" I admitted with a sigh, letting my depression get the best of me.

"Lauren, you're acting pathetic right now, you know that?" She said rudely.

Okay, now she just pissed me off.

"Says the girl who's dating that dick Draco Malfoy." I snapped, glaring at her.

"He's not a dick, thank you. He actually treats me like a princess and makes me feel special."

"More like a princess from hell. He's changed you, Gabby. You're no longer the funny and sweet friend I used to know. You've become this dark, cold, bitter person and I just don't know why you treat me like I'm a piece of shit when I've done absolutely nothing to you!" At this point, I was yelling and everyone was now staring at us.

"No, he hasn't! If anything, you're the one who's made me bitter!" She yelled back, getting up and grabbing her books. "Goodbye, Lauren. Hope you enjoy being alone, you selfish bitch!" With that, she angrily stomped away leaving me with not only the entire school staring at me, but also my tears of anger and embarrassment.

Everyone immediately fled from the scene and went back to chatting with their friends while I was left alone to drown in my own pitiful sorrow. In that moment, I felt as if I was nothing like nobody would care if I disappeared for good.

Or so I thought.

"Hi, um...are you okay?" A shy masculine voice asked me as I saw someone's shadow approach me out of the corner of my eye.