Chapter 5-Why Don't We help you?

Elly-

I sat in my bed. I got up. My phone dinged. I shakily picked it up.

S-Sarah E-Elly

S-Hello Elly

E-Stop it Sarah.

S-Why? I'm your sister aren't I?

E-Sisters are supposed to be loving. Sisters are supposed to stick by each other's side. Since you've done neither you are no sister of mine.

S-Kill yourself.

My heart thumped.

Why Sarah?

I wanted to scream and shout and cry and punch the wall all at the same time.

Instead I ran to the bathroom. Looking for a razor. Dang it. He took them all. I then found a bottle of benedrill. I grabbed and poured a bunch into my hand. I was about to put them in my mouth when Logan walked in.

"Stop!" He pulled the bottle and the pills from my hand.

"What made you think to do this?" He asked. I shrugged.

My phone dinged, I forgot I had left it unlocked.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Who's who?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Sarah."

"Oh uh..."

"It's your sister isn't it." I looked at the ground and nodded.

"I blocked her. Never try to do this again. We talked about this." He grabbed my hand.

I shook my head.

"It's not fair."

"I know sweetie. We'll get through this."

His phone rang. He picked up and went into the bathroom. He locked the medicine cabinet.

Logan-

We just went through this last night. I need some help. My phone rang and I locked the medicine cabinet.

"Y'ello?" I said.

"Hey Logan, I was wondering if there was a way would could help Elly?" Daniel's voice rang in my ears.

"That actually seems perfect. Come on over."

An hour later...

Elly-

"Okay, when I say so, take off the bandana." Logan said. I nodded, unsure.

"Go."

I took off the bandana and saw the guys from last night.

"Boys? You had something to say?"

Music started and they started singing.

"Dear lover, friend, ex or whatever." Jonah began.

"I'm writing you to let you know I hope you feel better." Corbyn continued.

"I know that things are hard, the stress is so much, and when you reach out all there are is uppercuts." Daniel sang out.

"And they are the cause for the ones on your wrist." Jack sang.

"The reason why you cry make a ball of your fists." Zach sang.

"I understand you have a lot you went through, the fact that he yelled and your sister would hit you." Logan sang.

They continued with the song. My favorite song. I had tried so many times before to ignore the voice telling me to die. I had listened to this song even.

"That razor blade has become your closest companion." Daniel looked right in my eyes as he sang this part.

I started crying.

"Put the blade down, it really isn't worth it, no good will come from a slit up and bruised wrist." Logan sang every once in a while.

The line that caught my mind the most was-

"You cover long sleeves so they won't see, but you can't hide all your hurt and pain from me." Logan sang.

"St-stop." I muttered. They all looked at me, but continued singing.

"I said stop it!" I shouted.

"Stop making me feel worse. It's already bad enough that I feel like a burden and a danger, but now your shaming me for the punishments I give to myself. You took away all that I had to hurt myself. And why? So you could feel safe?" I was sobbing hardcore. I ran up the stairs and to my room. I locked the door hearing their thundering footsteps.

I fell against the door. My heart was cracking. Where was it? There. I had hidden my knife under my pillow. I picked it up. I looked at my mirror. My eyes were red, my hair was mussed.

I raised the knife to my wrist.

"Please don't." I looked up to see Daniel climbing through my window.

"Please."

I looked down. Why did I feel an urge to stop.

"You...Don't get it..." I said, looking away from him. He looked at my wrists. The same look that Logan had appeared on his face.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked, not taking his eyes off my wrists. I was becoming uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry that I can't stop. That this is who I am. And I'm sorry that I feel this way. But it's me." I said. He looked into my eyes.

"Put the knife down." He said slowly. I did.

He hugged me.

"Promise me-promise me you won't do this again!" He said. I looked up at him.

"I make no promises, but I'll try, that I can promise." I said. He smiled.

He cupped my face in his hands.

"Forget what everyone says. Your perfect." I blushed.

"Thanks."