4. good girl gone bad

💀

The angel falls to the floor beside me, her limbs shaky, and her eyes change from normal to dark black between each rapid blink, acting like some sort of walking glitch

Meanwhile, I scramble away and rise from the floor, half of me wondering if I've just done both her and I a favor, or if I really just fucked with the balance of nature.

She slaps the palm of her hand on the bar counter, using it as support to attempt standing.

Rick and I, on either side of her, study the angel tentatively. Sera turns her head, half-way standing, to glare at me with utmost contempt, her eyes freakishly switching from an abyss-like black to her bright green, and the bright aura around her flickers similarly to the old lights of this bar.

Internally, she's battling the possessed urges off.

"You p-possessed me?!" Her voice cracks; she's hurt. "How could you?"

"Sera, 'ey, look—" I approach her, though she interrupts me.

"No!"

I recoil at her yelling, cringing at my own impulsive actions. When she charges toward me slowly, her zombie-like motions and twitching as the evil threatens to encompass her causes me to back up.

"T-Take it easy, angel," I hold my hands out before me gently when I notice her eyes look toward a knife laying by several cut limes on a cutting board placed between us.

Sera's losing the battle against it.

"You don't want to do something that the big man upstairs won't like. You know that right? Isn't that a commandment?"

I look behind her at Rick for assistance, but he shrugs, "I haven't been to church in a long time—"

"You're fucking useless sometimes," I wave him off.

"You said it yourself," Sera replies, using my words and flipping them around to put them against me. "I'm an angel. All sins already forgiven."

Her dark eyes contrast every word out of her mouth.

"Sera," I gulp when her fingers hover over the knife. "You're not yourself..."

"I like the other version of her much better," Rick makes an unneeded comment.

"You made me this way you... you..." The demon within her musters up the courage despite her fighting, breaking down Sera's polite manners and blurting, "you dick!"