Chapter 6

Hey guys!!! As I mentioned before, I'm back! I'm currently working on setting up with an editor so these stories will be more pleasing to read. I would like to give a shoutout to fulcrum-the-fury for the idea! I would like to also thank everyone for their patience and now *drum roll* the next chapter!!!!

Ezra's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Now on any other day this would have been great, but puking my guts out last night made the smell of food nauseating. Even the thought of food was enough to jumpstart last night's episode all over again. Great first impression am I right?
Nevertheless I got out of bed with a groan, and successfully without throwing up might I add. I looked through my bags and grabbed the most decent looking shirt, which was probably two sizes too small, and the same pair of pants I wore yesterday. It wasn't my best look but it'll do and besides, it's not like I had a lot of clothes currently.

With a sigh I left my room, closing the door behind me. This is gonna be a long day, let's just get this over with so they can send me back like everyone else. I put on my fakest smile and made my way to the kitchen.

Third Person POV

In the kitchen Hera stood mixing batter and Kanan flipping pancakes, trying to make up for last night. While Hera was dressed and ready for the day, Kanan was still in his PJs with his hair down for once instead of pulled back.
The awkward silence was broken by footsteps coming down the stairs. Hera turned with a smile as Kanan concentrated on making pancakes. "Morning sunshine." Ezra sheepishly took a seat at a bar stool in front of the island facing the cooking area where Hera and Kanan were. "Good morning."

Kanan's POV

I stood over the stove flipping pancakes pretending everything was normal. It's not though... I'm still concerned about last night. Maybe we're pushing him too hard. Either way, Hera scheduled a doctors appointment for Ezra today. My thoughts were put on hold after the sound of footsteps coming downstairs reached my ears. Hera turned to face Ezra with a cheerful smile"Morning sunshine." "Good morning."
I quickly put the last pancakes on a plate and put it in the middle of the island where Ezra and Hera sat. I noticed Ezra wearing the same pants as yesterday, maybe Hera should do some clothes shopping while they're out and about.

I took a seat next to Hera across from Ezra. I looked him over noticing how pale he looked, "Sleep okay?". "Yeah definitely!" He replied with an unrealistic smile. Hera looked at me with discernment "Listen Ezra, you don't need to have eat that much if you don't want to, no pressure." Ezra looked at us with fear hidden in his eyes and then proceeded to stab a stack on pancakes an put them on his plate. He then proceeded to cut them into pieces and overstuff his face, mumbling something to us with a full mouth.
"What?"He looked to us and swallowed, struggling to not choke. "I said it's fine."
Ezra said picking up his fork again, only to be stoped as Hera placed a hand on his shoulder and the other on his hand with the fork. "Ezra stop you'll choke." "It's okay, we'll take it slow right now."

He froze and stared off into space. It appeared as if the child in front of me was lost in a daydream he couldn't escape from. I got up and stood next to him with a hand on his other shoulder. "Hera and I made a doctors appointment for you today, just a check up is all." He did nothing but nod, staring at his plate. "I think that you and Hera might have extra time to do some shopping at the mall too if that's okay with her." I said looking at Hera curiously, "Of course.". For a moment he seemed as if nothing we had said made an impact, until he finally snapped out of his daze and smiled genuinely. "I would like that a lot."

Two hours later Ezra's POV

It seemed as if me and Hera had been driving forever, I guess that's what happens when you're lost in thought. I just couldn't stop thinking about last night, I just felt so embarrassed. "Hey Ezra you there?" I shook myself out of my distracting thoughts and grinned "Yep all here.".
She smiled "Good because we're here." I quickly looked out her window to see the mall.