Chapter 2

Sorry updates have been slow. I honestly haven't had a whole lot of motivation. It's starting to come back though so here you go guys.☺️

Hera's pov three weeks later

I sit now on our porch in my PJs sipping coffee. It's 7:45 in the morning, Wednesday, July 27th, 2017. As I watch the radiant sunrise peaking over the mountains, I can't stop my thoughts from pondering to our now useless crib. We've tried for three years now with no postive results. I just can't seem to hold on to the baby... Kanan must be so disappointed in me.

I snap out of my thoughts to hear the door open from behind me and turn to see Kanan holding his I-Pad. Normally he would be at work but due to our seires of unfortunate events, he's taking some time off to be at home with me.

"Hera... How're you doing today?" I turn back to the view outside. "Still hurts, I wanted this so bad." I feel tears run down my cheeks and a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay sweet heart, it's okay. But, we can't keep doing what isn't working."

I look to him confused, he doesn't want a child? "What do you mean?" He sits next to me on the couch and turns his I-Pad on, then hands it to me. "I mean, maybe it's time to try something else." Capital City Orphanage, "Adopt a child in need today!" it said on the the websites main screen. "Kanan are you sure?" "I don't know but tomorrow is visiting hours, if you want we can take a look at some of them then." I smile "Of course!"

I lay my head on my husbands shoulder as he puts his arm around my waist. "Do you think a boy or girl?" I heard Kanan chuckle "Boy, what do you want?" "Boy.... Kanan?" "Yes sweet heart?" I look into his shimmering eyes "How will we know which one." "I think we'll know when we see him."

Ezra's pov

Tomorrow is visiting hours, every kid here dreams of it because it's the best chance they have of getting adopted... But not me, no one ever wants me. They always skip right past me and on to the next kid in line. It's the same every time, why would this time be any different.

Next day, 8:56 AM

Greetings start in four minutes,
Yay......  The head manager has us all in our rooms during visiting hours doing what ever we choose. Most kids wait by their doors like hungry vultures, waiting for adults to come into the room.

I normally sit on my bed and read or listen to music, might as well do something right? I put on my headphones, grab my book, and check the clock, just went on nine. Show time.

Kanan's pov

Me and Hera are sitting in the car waiting for nine along with three other cars in the parking lot. "Think we'll find the right one?" I hear a quiet voice ask, I turn to Hera and smile. "I know it." Just then the clock turned nine, let's start. "Ready?" Hera gave me a small smile "Nervous but ready." "Well then." We get out of our pick-up truck and head inside.

The building looked old and was built out of chocolate brown bricks and the  windows yellow tinted. As I opened the door for Hera the smell of Vanilla was in the air, in front of us was a counter surrounded by various plants with childrens drawings that hung on the wall behind it.

At the counter sat a Woman with blond hair and brown eyes, she looked up to us with a friendly smile. "Hello, my name is Tua. I'm the head manager of capital city orphanage, are there any questions I can answer for you guys today?"

I chuckle and look to Hera as she looks to me. "We just want to know where we meet the kids at." "Of course, the kids are in their rooms waiting, feel free to go in." I give her a grateful nod and head with my wife down the hall.

30 minutes later

We've been through every room and non of the children have really pulled on our hearts yet. When we reach the last door I hear a sigh from Hera. "What's wrong dear?" "What if we don't find the one?" "Then we'll keep looking, but we have one more room so let's see first. Shall we?" Hera nodded and opened the door, once again we were overwhelmed with children grabbing on to us.