Chapter 23: blood

Trigger warning

Harper-

The night was young as so were we. I hug onto Scotts shoulders as we slowly danced together.

Emilia and Charlotte waltzing around in there own funny way, dancing and spinning to the slow song. I roll my eyes at them as Scott chuckles. I'm pretty sure there only dancing right now to watch us Waltz about, its kinda annoying but I just ignored them looking into Scotts pretty brown eyes.

"Their idiots" I laugh lightly making Scott turn his head slightly to the two, Rob and mum spinning and turning by them, with loving chuckles and giggles, not daring to break the stare between them.

"Yep," he agrees letting out a small laugh pulling me in a little closer. I bit my lip and he watched smirking as my heart raced to the song of the overwhelming thoughts that swam around my head violently.

The air was frosty and cold but yet I felt warm and comfortable in Scott's arm that was snaked around my waist just above my behind.

My arms were quite chilled as well as covered with goosebumps making my scars stand out but thankfully no one commented on them, Scott's eyes darted from me and the scars every now and then but never looked for more than a close split second.

Raising an arm Scott spins me around charmingly making me giggle, he chuckles along with me pulling me back into the embrace leaning us down making my hair fall metres from my head while I squealed with excitement as he flys us back up laughing along with me. Our faces barely inches a part at this point my face covered in a pink blush, my cheeks warm and throbbing furiously as my heart fluttered along.

The butterflies in my stomach roomed around like fighter jets crashing dramatically every time I caught Scott looking to my lips. How I wish to latch mine with his right now, but alas I don't mum would appreciate that honestly.

Rob and mum laugh loudly making us all stop as we watched the two dance about as he leaned them down like Scott did to me, smooshing his lips to her in a loving way, she smiled against his lips pecking him back before he flies them back up then spinning mum again under his arm cutely.

Seeing them dance together, laughing and smiling, with kisses with just the loving looks makes me want to have that.

I look to Scott as he looks to me, mum and rob puffing exhausted from their workout of the year. Mum leaps up and kisses his cheek before falling in his arms, he held up with all his might as we all awed at the sight. My heart fluttered thinking about that with me and Scott. Soon the song changed to a more romantic tone while mum and rob gushed parched hanging off each other.

"We're going to get a drink" mum tells the girls in a giggle and they nod their heads before Emilia looks to me flashing a toothy smirk.

"Yeah we're coming too" She declares grabbing Charlottes hand pulling her inside to the kitchen, soon after the happy pair followed them in. Unconsciously I started to play with Scott's soft fluffy hair as we danced in circles just enjoying the presence of each other.

"Now that was a dance" he comments talking about mum and roberts dance. I giggle.

"It certainly was" I agree happily something catching my eye in the background but I just ignored it, looking deeply into the boys chocolate brown eyes lovingly biting my lip for the thousandth time tonight trying to get him to make a move since now was the perfect chance.

He smirks playfully looking to my lips pursing his
"You know Harper you look really beautiful tonight" he states and I chuckle at his cuteness.