Mission: REDWRS (return Emil's diary without raising suspicion)

Leon had one main goal today - to return Emil's book. He had gathered enough information from it and he felt sorta bad keeping it. Honestly, he hadn't been planning on keeping it; but he had panicked when Emil suddenly appeared at the doorway of his room. Emil would freak out everyday during break about his book ("are you sure you haven't seen it?" "did I leave it at school?") and Leon finally felt that he really should give it back.

He had several plans, plan A being the simplest and most effective. This plan relied on the fact that, during most lunches, Emil would finish eating and sit down to read a book. The plan was to put the diary on the seat right next to him, while he was deeply engaged in reading his book, and leave as discretely and casually as possible.

After very extensive planning with his peers (aka. himself), he had finally perfected his plan and mustered the courage to pull it out. 

Just as planned, Emil was sitting on the bench, too busy reading his book to notice - or care about - anyone passing by. Perfect. Leon thought. 

Take one.

He made his way to Emil's bench, trying to act as normal as possible and blend in with the crowd, then casually tossed the book on the seat next to Emil. It fell right off the bench and Emil didn't even glance at the seat next to him.

Great. Take two.

 Leon strolled up to Emil, this time closer to the bench so he wouldn't have to throw it. Before he even got to the bench Emil looked at him weirdly, not noticing the book Leon was holding. Leon forced a smile and awkwardly waved, before backing away as quickly as possible.

Well, as some say, third time's the charm? 

Leon decided to give Emil a bit of time to settle back down. This time he crept up from behind. He slid the book onto the seat next to Emil and quickly returned to his hiding spot behind the bush. Surely Emil would notice.

Emil didn't even look at his 'journal' next to him. Instead, five minutes before class started, he simply stood up and left the book sitting on the bench.

Time for Plan B. Leon didn't actually have a plan B so he decided to make it during class and do it after school. This time, Leon would bring it straight to Emil's house.

He 'stalked' (or 'just happened to follow') Emil  home and scanned the surrounding area to make sure he had the perfect environment. It was exactly as he remembered from his previous visit. Even better, there was a tree directly outside Emil's window which he could climb.

When he got home, he dumped his bag on his bed and snuck out of his room with the excuse that "he had left his schoolbooks at school". It wasn't too hard for him to make his way to Emil's house. He 'silently' made it to the tree which he had planned to use and began to scale it. The only flaw of this plan (or should I say flaws) was that climbing a tree made a lot of noise.

Halfway up the tree, Leon saw Lukas through the ground floor window. To his horror, the Norwegian appeared to be staring directly at Leon. Leon quickly ditched his plan and sprinted back home and into his room. Well, that plan didn't work, so now he needed to make another plan.

Time for Plan C: Parachute his book down into his hands from the 5th floor and hope that he notices (and hide before Emil looks up and sees him).

Leon spent the day making a parachute out of delicate fabric to parachute the book down (probably stole it from Mei Xiao's room but anywayyyyyy). Once again, this parachute went through extensive testing to make sure he didn't mess up because he had no Plan D.

Alright, this was it. I really hope I don't fail, because that took ages to make. 

Leon sprinted up the stairs to the 5th floor and peered over the railing. Emil was walking towards the main gates as usual, just as he had planned.