Chapter 7

When we got back to school on Monday everything was normal. I saw Travis in the morning and gave him a kiss before I went to class, then we had art together a few classes later and walked to lunch afterwards. Then, at the end of the day he met me and drove me home. Like I said, if was like any other school day.

The next day was where things changed. When I got to my locker around 7:45 like usual, Travis wasn't there. I figured that maybe he was already at art considering that's what we had first period this morning. When I walked towards the door I heard voices, it was Travis and another boy, so I leaned against the door and listened to what they were saying.

"Well, do you have it or not?"

"Yeah it's just in my locker, you'll get it by the end of the day"

" I better. I didn't pay fucking $50 for you not to give me what I ordered."

"Don't worry , you'll get it, I keep promises."

"Good. Because If you don't, you'll have to pay the consequences."

"Okay, well you should leave class is gonna start any minute and the teacher will see us."

"Okay. Today, after school meet at your locker and you'll give me it k?"

"Okay."

The bell rang and I moved behind an open door across the hall. A tall , muscular guy with dark short hair and brown eyes left the classroom. I walked in to find Travis nervously leaning against his desk.

"Hey are you alright?" I asked him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine,just a little tired that's all. Sorry I wasn't at the locker this morning, I had to finish some late work in English before class." He told me, looking up and kissing my forehead. He sat at his desk and took out his folder as our teacher and a few classmates began filing in.

After school I waited at my locker for him. He came 20 minutes after school ended and told me it was because he had to stay late for extra math help. I told him it was fine and we began walking to his car.

As we pulled up to my house I asked if he wanted to come in,but he told me he had too much homework and that he would call me after. Around 8:30 I still hadn't heard from him so I decided to text him. I sent a quick text asking if he was alright and told him to text me whenever he could. I didn't receive a text back all night. At 3:30 the next morning he sent me a text. I woke up to the sound of my phone and read the message over 10 times. It read, "sorry I didn't text you back, I fell asleep. See you later." I was so upset with him that I immediately answered. "Ok." and went back to sleep.

The next morning he walked over to me at my locker and gave me a big hug and pecked my lips. He had a cut on his face and a bruised lip.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked him, grabbing his chin and examining his face.

"Oh nothing, I was just clumsy and walked into a door last night. It was dark so I couldn't see shit." He laughed, kissing my lips and playing with my hair.

"That's it? You're not lying to me are you?" I asked him, crossing my arms and leaning up against the lockers.

"Of course not babe. Why would I need to lie to you? I gotta go to class but I'll see you in art okay? Bye sweetie." He squeezed my butt and kissed my cheek, then walked past me to go to class.

He definitely didn't walk Into a freaking door.