Chapter 9

I arrived at the Police Station around 12:30 AM. I walked through the doors to find Travis sitting on a metal bench with his wrists handcuffed and covering his face. I walked over and pulled his hands away.

"Did you call your dad? That's the only way that you're going to get out of this mess Travis, you honestly really screwed up." I told him, sitting by his side and putting my hand on his lap. He put his hand over mine and moved closer.

"I know I did, when bobby was conscious he called the police and told them it was me who beat him, then they checked my car and found the pills I was supposed to get him. So I'm in a lot of trouble. They're talking about keeping me in juvenile detention for a month. My dad is going to fucking kill me, so no Katie I haven't called him." He put his head in the palms of his hands. I just sat there silent for a while, moving my hand to his back and softly rubbing it.

"It's gonna be okay Travis, I promise. We just have to fix this that's all. I'm gonna go call your dad okay?" I told him, getting up from the bench and walking over to the door. I pulled out my phone and dialed his dad's cell phone number. A grumpy , middle aged man answered the phone.

"Hello?" I deep voice spoke through the phone.

"Hey this is katie, your sons girlfriend, you remember me right? Well it doesn't matter, umm your son is here at the police station and he is in some trouble, he feels terrible and really need your help, I would help but I'm only a minor. If you could come help him out he would be really grateful. He said that he wants to tell you how sorry he is for screwing up." I told him. The other end was silent for a few seconds, then his dad finally answered.

"Fine. I'll be there in 15 minutes, tell him don't move and don't tell them anything until I know what happened and if we will need a lawyer or not." He told me, then hung up.

~

About 20 minutes later his dad came barging through the doors demanding to see an officer. His dad was yelling at one of the cops for a good 10 minutes. After the cop explained what happened his dad walked over and sat near him.

"What the hell Travis, I thought you were done with this after your mom died? You said you were doing better, I actually thought you were getting your life back together." His dad told him. They both looked at each other for a minute, then Travis leaned on his dad and started crying. His dad hugged him back and just stayed there for a second.

"I'm so sorry dad." Travis whispered, sobbing into his dad's shoulder. I got up and gave them some time to talk. While I was waiting I texted my dad telling him everything was fine and that I would have Travis' dad drive me home. He texted back saying that he would leave the key under the mat and to not be home too late.

"I can't believe I might be going to jail." Travis said, shaking his head and trying not to cry again.

"It's gonna be okay, you'll be fine you just have go to court and try to explain what happened." I grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek, smiling at him. "You were a complete dick to me tonight you know that right? Like I wanted to push you down a flight of stairs when I saw you." I told him, giving him a shove.

" I know I'm really sorry about that, please forgive me. I really do love you, I promise." He told me, kissing my lips and pulling me close. I got butterflies and couldn't help but smirk.

"Yeah yeah I love you too I guess." I said to him, winking.