Chapter 20

Chapter 20______________________

Chapter 20
___________
___________

Sungjae

After teaching the kids the most basic Korean words, I strolled outside taking in the unfamiliar surroundings.

Some kids ran here and there. Some were even barefoot. I stared down at my blinding white shoes and promised myself I would donate some before we leave.

I walked around the classrooms until I found Rielle busy drawing with the kids. I leaned towards the doorframe, hands in my pockets as I watched her focus on working. She seemed to be sketching every kid on the line.

"Finished!" she exclaimed with a big smile I haven't seen on her before. She handed it to the little girl excitedly.

"Wow!" The girl exclaimed in amazement.

Rielle giggled. "Did you like it?"

"Yes! You..." The girl paused in deep thoughts, then shook her head and just gave Rielle two thumbs up.

She laughed. "Okay, I get it."

The next kid came and she prepared to draw, but then the girl said something in their language. Rielle waited for the translator to speak. "She's asking if that handsome guy is your boyfriend."

"What?" Rielle asked and then finally looked at my direction. Our eyes locked. She smiled at me. "Sungjae, come here."

I smiled back, approaching them. I took a seat beside Rielle. "What are you guys doing?"

"I'm trying to draw them. You can help."

"But I'm not good... in drawing."

She raised an eyebrow and handed me the watercolor set I gave her. "Color them." She said, handing me several sketches she already made. My lips parted at how good they are. "Woah, Rielle..."

"Why?"

"These are... beautiful! Look at those details! You even captured the shine in their eyes!"

She blushed. "You're exaggerating."

"I'm not!"

So, she drew them and I helped the kids paint. Time flew in a flash.

🎬🎬🎬

Rielle

After drawing with Sungjae and the kids, I sent him to play with them. I found Mrs. Reyes and asked her if it's possible to bake cake for the kids. "One of the kids told me she has never eaten a cake. It was Sungjae's birthday yesterday too. Can we celebrate it here again?"

"There's an oven in the kitchen where we make their food... but I'm afraid there are no ingredients available, Miss Rielle."