1.0

85 DAYS 5 HOURS 7 MINUTES 22 SECONDS AGO

My eyes searched the crowded LAX airport. I was suppose to be looking for my driver who would drop me off at the hotel but I was wasting time. I didn't want to go to the hotel. I took a deep breath. My mind was racing at a million miles per hour. I was miles away from home, three thousand and four hundred and twenty six to be exact. If anything were to happen to me, I'm screwed. My anxiety was definitely through the roof.

"Miss. Edwards?"

I turned around, greeted by a man in a suit and a sign with my name on.

"I'm Charles," he explained,"I'll be taking you to your hotel and the Capital building."

I smiled and nodded,"Wonderful."

"Are you ready to leave?"

"Yes."

"Follow me then. I will take your bags." He said as he reached for my suitcase.

I did not oppose him and I let him take them. Charles shot me a quick smile as he walked towards the airport exit.

"So you're here for NMC, correct?" he asked, speaking fairly loudly so I could hear him.

NMC, aka national musicians convention, a stupid convention I was here for to represent my company, Capitol Records. I represent the northern part of Capitol Records to be exact. It was an honor to be chosen but then again, I hated my company.

"Um yeah," I muttered.

"So you've been here before I assume?" He pestered.

"Yep." I mummered under my breath.

Charles opened the glass door, letting me go through. Behold in front of us was black, sleek car. Charles motioned towards the car and I went and opened the door.

"Well Miss. Edwards, enjoy your stay in the city of angels." He said, his-too-white teeth practically blinding my eyes.

He shut my door with a small slam and I rolled my eyes, putting my hands behind my head.

"Oh I'll enjoy it alright." I muttered.

I pulled the seat belt across my body and closed my eyes. I was truly and utterly exhausted from the flight. It was chaotic on the plane due to it being late and the five year old behind me who kept having screaming anxiety attacks every two minutes. It was an interesting flight to say the least.

I don't exactly like California. Well Los Angeles to be exact. I felt as if it was too busy, like everyone was moving a thousand miles per hour faster than they were supposed to. Like they were speeding through life, taking things for granted. It sounds cheesy and completely stupid but that one city just gives off that certain vibe. Everyone is trying to become famous and the city seems to full of cheaters, liars, and con artists. It's funny how it's called the city of angels. City of demons fits much better to the description.

I folded my hands in my lap and put my one leg over the other. All that was on my mind was sleep. Then I felt the car door jerk open. My eyes flew open and I met my glance with a boy.

"Hi, is this the car going to the Capitol Building?" He asked, his accent thick and raspy.

"Excuse me?" I stuttered.

He turned around, revealing three other boys behind him,"Is this the lady we're suppose to meet lads?"

A boy with purple hair poked his head into the car, making me yelp.

"Are you Mrs. Edwards?" He asked.

"Y-yes? Who might you be?" I asked.

"This is the right car," he said, getting into the car.