Ch01

Naruto lay motionless underneath his single sanctuary as a broken smile graced his face.

Blood continued to flow out the gashes of his previous battle but he could care less. What was there to lose anyway? He had sacrificed everything for the acknowledgment and respect of his village. But now, what was the point?

Konoha is nothing more but a part of history that he alone would remember. And he no longer has the will to continue a barren life.

Kurama, however, have other plans.

"Kit lend me your chakra. All of it. Now"

"Geez Kura, can't a dying man have his peace?"

"Well unlike you, you goddamn jackass, I prefer to live!!!"

"You want to live in this hellhole?! Fine! Live for all I care!"

And with that, Naruto tried to unseal the great Kyuubi no Yoko.

Keyword: Tried.

Before he could even make a hand sign, his arms fell limp by his side.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO??!!"

"I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU COMMIT SUICIDE YOU DAMN SHIT STAIN!! AND I'M NOT LETTING YOU GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY! WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR NINDO?!! HUH?! WHERE'S THE GODDAMN IDIOT I LOVE SO MUCH?! WHERE'S THAT SNOT NOSED BRAT THAT KEPT YELLING 'I'M GOING TO BE HOKAGE'?! WHERE IS THAT LITTLE RAMEN LOVING FUCKER NAMED NARUTO UZUMAKI??!!!"

"They're waiting for me, Kura. They're waiting. I can't--"

"Fine, go ahead. Release me. Go to them"

"Bijus can't die. We are merely chakra beasts full of centuries of hate. Keep that in mind kid"

Naruto blinked, Chōmei's words reminding him. He frowned, how can he be so selfish.

"What about you, Kura? What will you do once your free?"

Kurama whispered, "I honestly have no idea"

Naruto sighed in the defeat, "What're you gonna do with it anyway? It's not like you're already made up of chakra anyway. Oh wait--you are"

"Don't piss me off brat. Here I am, trying to get your pathetic ass out off this ditch and you just keep bitching. Well, your idiot material, why am I not surprised. And for your information, well...it's a secret. You'll know by tomorrow"

"Touché"

"I just....This is something I can't do on my own. You know I want what's best for you, you know that. I may be a liar but I always keep my word. Trust me brat"

Naruto stared blankly up at the vast crimson sky, searching for whatever fragment of his pitiful soul remained. He had let go of his sanity, threw the useless shards away for the shattered hope he thought he had. He knew that one day, one day, he had to let go of this childish perspective. He knew he had to kill, had to survive, and that things don't always end the way he hoped; the process never really sparring his self of the blood of his enemies

"That's the first time you said my name," Naruto smiled. In truth, it was. Kurama never really addressed him in such a manner, "do as you wish you sly fox"

The sacred tree swayed with grace, her branches outstretched as her luscious leaves enveloped the blond with utmost care. The ground started to rumble and quake, ripples of immense power vibrated. Naruto took one last look at the destruction, and with the snap of faith, everything crumbled into abyss.

He felt an overwhelming nausea, Kurama's voice echoed chants in his ears like thundering beats of a brewing storm. He knew he could trust Kurama. Kurama was all that he had left; both of his life and of what the future laid before them.

The darkness welcomes him as a fleeting voice says it's final words.

"Safe travels and happy birthday, child"