Prologue

The sky had been a blue ocean of clouds and stars reflecting the life that inhabits the land below it. The birds had always been heard singing a chorus only they could understand, along with the hustle and bustle of people in the morning's welcome. The sun had always risen with hope for tomorrow. It had always been that way...until it didn't.

It only took a blink to shatter that dream. No one had been prepared.

It started when sparks of white fire fell from the heavens engulfing and annihilating towns after town, a fire so hot it turned the earth to molten rock. All attempts had been in vain. It could not be extinguished. It was the first of the many forbidden zones. 60% of the global civilian population survived. 70% of the shinobi remained active.

After that came disasters one after another. The sea had risen and devoured half the map. Many people perished in the vicious waves waters. The global civilian population dropped down to 40%. The Shinobi count drops to 60%.

Freshwater had suddenly vanished and the animals had gone rabid. Animals had rapidly evolved into savage beasts that had unknowingly developed a taste for humans, even when it went against their nature. Summons were no exception to this phenomenon. Merely 30% of the global civilian population survived. Who else had to provide for the civilians?

Then came the slaughter. One by one the children blew up in shreds and pieces. It didn't matter where they were, they all ended up in chunks. Most of the adults died screaming in agony from the trauma of losing their children, committing suicide one after another.

At the same time, an unknown epidemic swept through the remaining survivors, not even Tsunade the legendary medic could stop it. Many men and women died screaming, rotting alive. By then, merely 10% percent of the civilians were left, 14% remained of the shinobi.

The Akatsuki, shockingly, was still active. This time, the leader was Itachi Uchiha himself. They, along with the surviving leaders, the remaining shinobi, and civilians formed the Last World Alliance.

War wasn't far from the horizon. When people learned of his name, and his crimes, they banded together to form a united militia. Madara Uchiha's name was forever branded in history as the greatest evil and the immortal traitor.

His power shook the heavens and the earth, overpowering every Kage and destroying every life in his wake. Along him was his army of shapeshifters, impostors, or the clones of the white plant mutant named Zetsu.

Men and women raised their weapons and charged. Regardless of whether they were civilians or shinobi. The battle was fierce but the victor was never known, both sides were decimated, no survivors.

The madman was defeated after 9 days; skewered, butchered, and burned till even the ashes of his being would leave the face of the earth, never to return.

His death had signified the end of the war. But...the cheers were never heard. The world had already gone silent.

What's left of the world now are traces of a war against a single being. This time, there was no humanity to save.

He can't see the blue sky anymore, nor hear the sounds of life. He can only see a crimson ocean of smog and poison above him and the burning wasteland of blood and death below it. He can only see the rotting corpses of valiant men and women who raised their weapons and fought alongside him.