5

Three weeks and counting since he'd left. Every day was spent going through the motions. Work, check phone. Work. Check emails. Home. Check post.
Nothing came.

Every night the dreams were like clockwork. Molly always suffered nightmares when he was on tour and even though they weren't together, this time was no different.

The knock came in the middle of the night. She knew before her feet even touched the cold floor boards. The coldness felt like fire against the cold rush of panic that took over her body. Her legs, shook like jelly as she rushed unsteadily to the door.

"Roger?" Beck nodded "It's the leg isn't it? He's injured that bleedin' leg again" in her head she ran through all the reasons why Beck would personally deliver the news himself. Not only was he Charles superior but they were great friends as well and he was fond of Molly. It had to be bad for Beck to be here.

"Molly can I come in?" She pulled the door to make way for him. He knew where he was heading, he'd been there enough times. He placed a gentle hand on her clammy back and led her to the kitchen. "Sit down Molly"

"Let me get you a drink" she shook her head "I can't have a drink" his eyes fell to her newly rounded stomach. This made what he was about to say even harder

"How bad?" Her voice broke.

"He sustained an injury during a training exercise in the jungle. An animal trap of some sort has penetrated his upper leg, straight through the bone Sergeant King reported"

She breathed a sigh of relief. At least he was alive.
"Okay well he can deal with that. He's dealt with worse. Was surgery successful? When will he be repatriated?"

"Molly he's missing. Charles and Georgie are both missing" she held her breath. His words ringing in her ears as he spoke but she wasn't hearing him.

"If you want to pack a bag, I'm going to personally travel with you to Belize. It's not something that I'd usually do but considering his history, I think you need to be there when they bring him out. And Molly, they will bring him out"

She pulled out the bag that had been packed for this very reason since he'd gone back in. Becks had eyes on her as she wondered aimlessly around ticking off things on the to do list in her head.

"I need to ring Sam. He'll want to come" he raised a hand to stop her "There's no time. We need to be on that flight out of Brize Molly" the quiet urgency in his voice made her angry "You sent a mentally ill man out there. He was sick, he is sick I mean and now he's injured! And all on your watch"

He took the bag from her and helped her into her jacket, he could take this from her - he would serve as her verbal punching bag. Maybe he deserved it. He'd noticed the change in Charles, raised an eyebrow more than once when he passed the psych evaluations. He should have put his foot down, he should have listened to Molly's pleas to medically discharge him even if it wasn't what Charles wanted. The was blame on his door step and it tasted bitter.

"How can they be missing? I don't understand" her stomach turned as she realised she'd been oblivious to just how much danger he was in.

"They had to move from where location where he was injured, it's a known drug trafficking route. Either that or they were found and taken" he steadied her as her legs buckled. "How did he move in that state? He must be in agony. Please Roger. Please tell me he's gonna be alright".

She sobbed they entire car journey, her tears stopping only to deliver the news to Beth. "I'm on my way to Brize, I'll keep you updated every second, I promise"

She hung up the phone, unable to listen to a second more of Beth's wailing. The familiar wave of nausea that hit her each morning grounded her. She had a life inside her to protect. She accepted Becks offer of breakfast even though she wanted to retch at the thought of her Charlie being dragged through the jungle injured.