11

Olivia Charlotte James entered the world approximately 12 hours later into the loving arms of her newly reunited parents. Charles had been Molly's rock through the difficult labour despite his own agony that saw him readmitted on Beck's orders. His balls most definitely on the menu once he was feeling better.

In the days after the birth Molly had astounded him with her strength and love for her family. He was sure she still wasn't feeling 100% but it didn't stop her from being by his side as he moved to the rehab facility. Both worried about the other as they faced a tough time apart. Again.

"Promise you'll call me if you need me? I'm sure they'll understand, I should be at home with you and the baby" he sighed sadly. She took his hand "Get better Charles and let's put this nightmare behind us. Me and Olivia will be waiting for you. Besides, your mum has all but moved in so your outnumbered" she giggled.

He held Olivia close thanking his lucky stars that the people in his life didn't let him go when he was lost. He would fight the PTSD, for them.

-OG-

Georgie gingerly crept in the direction of Charles' room. The news of Olivia had knocked her for six despite the fact she knew the baby was imminent during their last meeting. She wanted to check on him, to make sure he was doing okay because she certainly wasn't. Life without Elvis and Charlie was too unbearable.

She caught his eye in the mirror of the sports studio as he worked through exercises. Her heart fluttering at the brown orbs staring back at her.

He pulled himself up onto his good leg using the rail across the mirror. This is where he would stay, he'd go no closer. "Lane?" He raised his eyebrows disapprovingly at her "I just needed to see with my
own eyes that you were on the mend" he stood silently, swaying on one leg. She moved forward, her hands instinctively moving to rest either side of his taught torso to steady him "careful Charlie"

He was stuck there, unable to cover the distance between the floor and his crutches, on one leg without the physiotherapist who'd fucked off at just the wrong moment. "Let me help you sit?" She offered before he pulled away from her touch "If you could pass me the crutches, that would be great"

She did as instructed, slightly burnt but his rejection. "Congrats on the baby. You must be so proud"

He nodded "I am. Molly was fantastic despite having a difficult labour, but then she always is. I wasn't much help, but there's nothing new there either"
He stared at the floor between his knees after deciding sitting was his safest option should Molly arrive. "Is she due in?" She asked tentatively "Not today. She's recovering at home, like I said she had a difficult time. She's getting a little TLC from my mother" Georgie nodded "And who's giving you TLC?" She couldn't imagine things being great between them after everything that had gone on, but she was massively underestimating Molly's love for her husband. She had been imagine his life to be hell, that he was paying for his indiscretion everyday but she couldn't be further from the truth. They were happy in their little bubble of newborn bliss even though he wasn't at home with them. Since Olivia had arrived they had a new found love for each other. "They are great here. I'm getting all the help I need" he awkwardly held her gaze.

"Are you alright Georgie? Are you coping?" He was genuinely concerned about her. The Georgie he knew wouldn't put herself in this position "I'm struggling without you. I don't have anyone to talk to about Elvis. No one knew him the way we did. Mum and dad still can't forgive him, even though he's gone. I've seen a bit of Spanner but you know what that lot are like, never around for long"

"You are getting help right?" She stared at him "They offered me residential therapy here but for obvious reasons I declined" he felt guilty, once again his actions affecting the well being of someone he cared about. "This is fucked up" he said, exasperated as he ran his hands through his hair before they came to a tense rest at the back of his neck.