(5)

The Long Haul

The trip was long as we were only going 22 miles Per Hour and I couldn't go any faster. Thankfully I had some things to do while I was flying along my designated flight path. I checked in with Uncle Fury every hour seen as how he was two hours ahead.

I looked at my ETA to see that I have a half hour so I messaged Uncle Fury and told him that I would be arriving soon. I put the plane on autopilot and stood up from the chair. Lemony was softly resting in the corner facing me, so I walked towards her.

I pet her a little and she began to wake up blinking away her nap. I grab her collar and put it around her neck making sure the SHIELD tag was there. Assistant DIrector Maria had it made specifically made for her when she became an agent. 

I looked around and started packing up things that belonged to me so that when a newbie agent came in they wouldn't be blushing because of some rogue panties.

I placed everything in my three bags and looked back at ETA. I had 10 minutes so I decided to maneuver it manually just for fun. Normally I maneuver them without a problem but I want to see how I do in a new climate away from the helicarier.

I take the jet off of Autopilot and call uncle Fury telling him that I would be arriving in a few. I ended the call and looked out the window to see a bunch of sophomore agents running around the tarmac holding various things like today was moving day.

It probably was seen as how I hardly pay attention to the letter they give us every month. I flew down the line of tarmacs until I saw a free spot and landed quickly and efficiently. 

Once I have landed I opened the back door showing everyone the insides of my ship. I take the keys from the ignition and pat the bird's walls before walking towards my dog. She stretches and I pat her, she leans into my touch and sts by my leg putting all of her weight on me. I nearly double over until I catch myself on the wall.

After I finished petting her, I kick all of my bags towards the exit watching as they fall down the ramp. I saw a squad of people walking down the tarmac, they were all talking to others. Uncle Fury led the march as he looked at the jet number. I could see the recognition in his eyes once he saw my new number and came walking quicker.  

They reached my plane after I checked the Fuel and weapons."It's good to be on fresh air and not have to worry about needing to move in 3 minutes."I say looking at the new crowd surrounding me.

"Good to see you again kid,"Stark says, looking around my ship.

"Yeah well, it's not on good circumstances, if you were briefed."

"We were doctor. We have a room prepped for you and a lab."

"There is no need, I am capable of living in my Jet. But I will take you up on the offer for that lab."

"May I ask what fields you are in."

"I could be in many, but I got my Ph.D. in Medical research. Specifically more along the lines of Surgery."

"But you can do science or engineering, right?"

"I got another degree in Engineering but I am way better as science."

Lemony finally walks back over from wherever he was hiding and I pat her head.

"Whos this?"Agent Clint Barton asks walking over and petting Lemony.

"Lemony-"

"Named after Lemony Snickett.Right?"

"Yeah Captain. How did you know?"

"No offense but no one would truly name their dog Lemony without it being for an author."

"Caught me red handed. Can I get a tour of the compound of am I gonna be left to fend for myself?"

"You'll find out."