(Un-edited) Chapter 14~ Trees Have Ears Pt. 2

NOTICE: THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY SHORT BECAUSE I LITERALLY HAVE NO TIME TO MYSELF. I PROMISE THAT I WILL MAKE THIS CHAPTER LONGER LATER 

------------

Guin's POV-

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

That's the sound of my heart erratically beating as I stare into the eyes of man whose demeanor lightens with every word of warning that comes out of my mouth. He doesn't believe me. He doesn't believe me and that's the cold hard truth. I guess I can't really blame him though; why would he believe my words when they sound like complete bullshit? I sure as hell wouldn't believe me if I was in his place. 

I gripped his roughly clad arms in my seemingly tiny hands and shook him as hard as I possibly could to emphasize the point I was trying to get into his thick skull. In a hushed tone, "There are things out here that were watching m-me...while yo-you were gone". I didn't want whatever was out there to know I was referring to it. 

I scanned the perimeter around us for movement. Light chuckles came from Kendrew's mouth, and it was almost as if he couldn't see, or comprehend, the direness of this situation. "Oh my darling," 

"Hush Kendrew, hush" I glared at him, he was talking to loud and could draw more attention to us. "Shh talk softly"  I chastised him with a glare in my eyes.

He simply smirked at my actions and mockingly said, "My darling, you have nothing to worry about. It was merely the wol- uh I mean guards I had stationed around us and the camp. You probably heard one walking by" He laughed lightly and rubbed the sides of my arms in a soothing manner.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

The erratic pounding  was slowing down to steady rhythmic beat. The soothing caress on my shoulders continued as Kendrew led me to the horse he had forcefully hoisted me onto only hours ago. The horse whinnied as he adjusted to the weight of the both of us. 

________

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time. I've been really busy with high school and pre req. summer college classes. I really hope you like this chapter, even if it is really unedited. Please comment because I love talking to readers to get their perspective on my work.