Ch 5: The Flood

Flying through the dense fog, Foehammer looked over from her seat only to see dense fog covering the trees and the ground below. Master Chief and the Doom Slayer were woken up after feeling a slight jolt of the Pelican as it slowly lowered down into the dense fog of the swamp. Switching over to his combat shotgun, the Doom Slayer loaded his weapons and checked his lightsaber for any problems before hooking it to his utility belt. The Master Chief checked his MA5B Assault rifle, making sure it's in working order before loading a fresh new clip.

"The Captain's last transmission from this area was over twelve hours ago. When ya'll locate Captain Keyes. Radio in and I'll come pick ya'll up." Foehammer said over the radio, as the Doom Slayer, Master Chief, Gary and Jeff jumped out of the Pelican into a deep puddle of dark, murky water.

"Whoa. This place is wicked..." Jeff expressed with awe.

"And creepy... Very creepy. Kinda reminds me of Felucia." Gary said, looking at the glowing plants around them.

Following behind the Chief and Doomguy, they reached a crashed Pelican with ammo and guns scattered on the ground. The Doom Slayer heard a few grunting noises from down the trail. Unholstering his pistol, he made quick headshots of a few grunts and jackals who came to investigate the noise. A Grunt minor screamed, waddling away with the Doom Slayer and the Chief following right behind. Jeff and Gary stood at the Victor 933's crashed pelican, gathering supplies before they left. The Chief heard the loud cracking and snapping of bones as he passed by a crashed Covenant dropship. He rushed over to see the Doom Slayer glory killing the last Jackal with it's own energy shield.

Crossing the large cravase on a tree trunk that connected both sides, the Doom Slayer spotted something strange standing ontop of a hill. He fired his a few times at it, only to watch the strange thing run away. The duo heard automatic gunfire and a explosion as they reached the top. Watching the frenzied grunts and jackals run away from the gunfire coming from inside a strange facility. The Doom Slayer and the Master Chief walked deep inside the strange facility, boarding the elevator that mysteriously arrived before them.

Gary and Jeff scoured around the mysterious swamp. Quietly dispaching a few grunt minors who ran screaming into their path. They continued exploring the swamp hearing strange noises and howls of the wildlife around them. "This place gives me the creeps." Jeff said, checking his DC-15A blaster rifle.

"I hear you bro, though I can't help thinking what Cortana said about this weapons cache. If you want to hide one, I'd say this is a perfect place for one." Gary replied.

"I agree, but this swamp has a strange dark vibe to it... Something or someone shouldn't unleash or open." Jeff said.

"Kinda like Pandora's Box?" Gary suggested.

"Yeah, something like that." Jeff replied.

They both continued on trotting through the swamp with Gary taking pictures of the glowing plants and fungi. Then became distracted with a odd looking piece of blue-glowing marijuana-like plant growing on a tree. "Hmm, very wicked. I'll take a few." Gary whispered, yanking a few leaves off the tree, putting them into a small airtight container. Gary continued onward only to find Jeff quietly standing and starring what appears to be a UNSC Marine.

"Hey bro. Wadda lookin at?" Gary asked, eating a energy bar.

"Shh... I found this guy.. just standing here." Jeff replied.

"Can he hear us?" Gary asked.

"I don't know... Hello!?" Jeff replied, then yelled at the figure.

"YO! IS SOMEONE IN THERE!" Gary yelled, throwing a rock at the unresponsive Marine. Hearing a slight chink as the rock struck the armor and watched UNSC Marine turning, revealing it's true self to the clueless stormtroopers. "Oh shit! What happened to his face? It's all... mutilated." Gary said as the UNSC Marine started shambling over towards them.