Senior year

"Mason I love you more and more every day and I can't wait to spend the rest of my days with you."

A love note carter never gave to Mason.

_______________________________________

Carter

Its been two years since Mason has died. He died because he was trying to text me that he loves me and a drunk driver hit him head on. Adrian was behind his car when he was hit and he watched when Mason went through the windshield. When the coroner showed up he was pronounced dead.Adrian showed up at my house before his funeral and gave me his lettermans jacket because he knew how much I loved it.When I went to Masons funeral it was a closed casket and I couldn't stay the whole time because my heart broke even more. Mason was my true love and now he's gone. I smile and wave at people and put on a brave face but inside I'm falling apart. People say it'll be ok but Mason died because he was telling me he loved me. I was the reason he died. how am I supposed to live with that?
Everyday I wake up with a broken heart. Every morning I roll over to expect Mason to be there only to find an empty space. Without him I'm nothing and that's exactly what the school thinks to. I'm back to being the weak nerd. Adrian runs the place now.

"Carter?" Yvonne says walking into my room.

"Yes yvonne"

"Its time for school."

"Ok."

I didn't bother looking in the mirror I already changed before this so lets go.
I trudge out of my room and in to my car. Yvonne gets in the drivers seat and pulls out of driveway. Mykah sat in the back silent as I look out the window, missing Mason. I watch as it begins to rain and it covers the window. The rain relays my feelings to the world....since Masons gone all I want to do is cry.

"Hey carter how'd you sleep?" Mykah asks scooting up in her seat.

"Well...... I'll be honest I didn't sleep... I never do."

That was the truth I almost never sleep. Every time I close my eyes there he is. When I do sleep I have a reoccurring dream that mason shows up after all these years and tells me he loves me and says his friend has something to do with it. I always wake up in a sweat. I'm ripped from my thoughts by yvonne when we pulled into the parking lot. Ok it won't be as bad as yesterday, I think to myself but deep down I know it'll be worse. I walk with yvonne and Mykah into the school where the memory of the dance floods my mind. It makes me happy for a minute but then I get to where he dies and my eyes tear up. Mykahs hand is placed on my shoulder which brings me back to reality. My friends have started treating me extremely nice because of what happened. Even though everything has changed I did get one new friend.... and he also lives with us. He had a troubled family life so we took him in. His name is Blaine, he was one of the people who stood on my side with the Adrian fight. He's also the only one who agreed with me. He's really nice and a great person. He's also gay and has a boyfriend. He never told Adrian because he saw what he did to me and if he was to help me Blaine would have been beaten too but now we are both hit. Blaine met up with us in my first hour which today is not shared with yvonne or mykah. He puts him arm me and walks me to my seat which is next to his and we sit down. Today I have math which I really hate but I don't pay any attention anyway so I take a nap sometimes. We sit in the back so she never notices. As she walks in she does what she always  does and calls our names to determine if we are here. When she calls my name I do what I always do and raise my hand. Since Mason died I don't talk in class so when a teacher calls my name I just raise my hand to give the signal I'm here. When he died word got out quickly and all the teachers gave me their condolences and understand why I don't talk. I don't talk in class because I've given up on talking to people. The only people I really talk to anymore is Blaine and the girls. I only talk to Blaine because after the funeral he apologized for not helping me and told me he would have been beaten as well. He to held the same sadness I had and he told me him and Mason were best friends. We talked about our lives before him and bonded. He told me about his troubled past so I invited him to stay with us. Since I only talk to them I stay pretty secluded. Every time I talk to someone new I get nervous and studder. I get scared because right after he died people made fun of me saying he killed himself because he hate me. The first time I heard that I cried for days and never got over it. So now everytime I open my mouth to anyone but my friends it comes out studdery because I'm always scared.