Serenades and chocolates

Hallo!!! So, I have nothing to say... Apart from, OMG we are soooo close to the summer holidays now! I have half a day left! Come onnnn!!

And I know I haven't been posting much recently, but I'll try and write loads over the first week to make up for it <3 (cause I love all 4 of you so much! :) (that's a joke, because I basically have no reads 👌)

But here is your update 👌 enjoy! X ~ Ellie <3

"Hey."

"Hi."

"So. What have you been doing?"

"Not much."

"Alex, I'm sorry and I love you and I miss you and... Won't you staay with me? Cause your all I need. This ain...." I cut James off by laughing.

"James, it's been 3 days. It's not the end of the world!"

"Oh, but it is, Miss Martin. You see, a certain friend of mine is terribly upset with me because, excuse my French, I was a dick! And, if that certain friend likes or doesn't like a certain young man, then I don't give a shit because I am dying without her, Al."

"Alright, Mr Smith. I have a feeling that this certain beautiful, incredibly talented and generally awesome young lady may forgive you if you serenade her and buy her chocolate." I giggle into the phone.

"By Jove, that's amazing! I thank you for your time, Miss Martin." And with that, James hangs up.

Half an hour later I hear a knock on the front door. I ignore it and my mother answers it.

Suddenly, I hear the knock again. What? But mom just answered the door. I furrow my eyebrows. As the third knock rings out, I realise the knock is not coming from the front door, it's coming from my bedroom door. I stand, straighten my skirt and stride over to the door, confused.

My door creaks open slightly. Someone clears their throat and then I hear the pretty guitar chords that open my favourite song, Hallelujah.

"I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased The Lord, but you don't really care for music, do ya?

Well it goes like this, the fourth the fifth. The minor fall and the major lift.

The battlefield composing hallelujah.

Hallelujah, hallelujah. Hallelujah, hallelujah."

James stands grinning like a Cheshire Cat from ear to ear.

"You--" I am cut off by James putting a finger to my lips. Out of his jeans pocket he pulls out two quality streets. The green triangle (my favourite) and the strawberry (his favourite).

"Chocolate for the lady. I heard from a secret source that if I serenaded you and brought you chocolate, you might forgive me!"

"Where on earth did you hear that?" I mock horror.

"I am afraid that you may have been falsely informed, Mr Smith." I smirk, "but I'll take the chocolate anyway, seen it had no other home to go to." James smiles back at me and pushes past me, sits down at my desk, and unwraps his chocolate, simultaneously handing me mine.

"That was a nice cover by the way." I said. "You should probably do that as a YouTube video." I say after we have both finished chewing.

"Actually, I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now, Al."

"Oh dear. You seem very serious!" I say, smiling.

"Yeah." We're both silent for a few minutes as I wait for him to speak.

"James? What's up?" I finally say, frowning.

"I think you should sit down, Alex." James says sincerely.

Well this can't be good.