Chapter 6

Marissa's POV:

"Why is mom such a bitch? This is your fault, Nikki." I run my fingers through my hair fixing it since the window was down the whole way here.

"I wasn't the one who decided to have a party."

"Fuck off. How much longer?" I ask her since she's the one driving at mom's orders.

"About ten minutes. Mars, it's going to be weird without you at home. I'm going to miss you." She turns and smiles at me in which I just give her the finger.

"I can't believe this. I'm going to be in the middle of the forest for three fucking months without any contact to any of my friends, no social media, no nothing."

"Mom gave you envelopes and stamps."

"Out of all people I think that you would know that I don't write letters." I roll my eyes and roll up my window because the camp is right in front of me. There is a sickening feeling in my stomach and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Mars, are you feeling okay?"

"No. I feel like I'm going to die a long and terrible death. Why does mom hate me? Why does the world hate me? I'm going to die here Nikki."

"You're over reacting," the car comes to a stop and I stare at the wooden buildings with green roofs. "This will be good for you."

I open the door and step out onto the dirt road and slam the door shut, walking over to the trunk where I grab my bags.

"Bye Mars," Nikki approaches me and hugs me and I decide to hug her back. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I look up to her and smile before letting out a small laugh about how stupid I'm being and let go.

I watch as Nikki gets back in the car and drives off, the car kicking dirt in my face, probably messing up my hair and I feel a tear slip from my eyes.

--

"So this will be your bunk," an older girl, probably about twenty points to the top bunk of a wooden bunk bed.

"Great, now leave. I want to be alone." I snap and she leaves the small compact room, shutting the door behind her.

I throw my two duffle bags on the top bunk and climb up the ladder and sit cross legged on the bed and let out a huff. I open the bags and dump them out all over the bed, refolding the clothes and placing them in a pile so I can go put them in the drawers when I'm done.

The room has two bunk beds, a small closet, two dressers, one on each side of the closet and a door that leads to a bathroom which we will share with the room next door. The main bedroom door leads to a large room in which has several couches and luckily, a small television.

All I could figure was I was the first person in my room to arrive at the camp since Nikki and I stayed the night in a hotel a half an hour away, and also it was ten in the morning.

I decided to take up a lot of room in the closet since first come first serve so technically I got whatever I wanted since I was first.

Soon enough the same lady that lead me in the room came in again, a girl trailing behind her. She told her that she was on the bottom of the other bunk and I eyed her the entire time, obviously making her uncomfortable.

"I'm Ireland," she says sitting on her bunk making eye contact with me, her dark brown eyes meeting my blue and she places a stray piece of her light brown hair behind her ear.

"Good for you." I smile and turn my attention back to folding my clothes.

"I'm going to take it you don't want to talk to me."

"You're correct." I roll my eyes and hop off the bed sticking my clothes in a drawer.

"Can I know your name at least?" Ireland raises her un kept eyebrows.

"Marissa."

"Thats pretty."

"Great."

"You don't like me, do you?"

"I don't know you."

I go back to my bed and take out the iPod I hid in my bag and some head phones, and lay back and stare at the ceiling, the music blasting and I'm positive that Ireland can hear it.

"Can you please turn that down?"

"No, sorry." I smile and close my eyes.

When another girl comes in I sit up on my bed because she's the girl sleeping on the bed under mine, and I need to know things about her mostly because she needs to know that what I says goes.

"Hey." I stick my head under the bed and stare at her.

"Hi." She says quietly.

"Wow, you must like her." Ireland huffs and I roll my eyes.

"Sorry about her. I'm Mars."

"Mars?" Ireland asks lifting her eyebrows again.

"Shut the fuck up," I glare at her. "What's your name?" I turn back to the girl.

"I'm Piper." Her voice barely above a whisper. "Is your real name Mars?"

"No. It's Marissa." Ireland answered for me.

"That's really pretty. What's your name?" She turns to Ireland.

"I'm Ireland Kedd." She smiles widely.

"We're doing last names now?" I ask and roll my eyes. "Well I'm going to go... somewhere since I've already unpacked."

"I'll come." Ireland chimes in.

"No. I'm going by myself." I put on some shoes and head out the door.

I walk to the small lake about half a mile from the cabin and sit on the end of a dock, my feet dangling off into the water.

"Hey," someone sits next to me.

I turn my head and find a boy, his blonde hair a mess on top of his head.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

"Sitting."

"Obviously." I roll my eyes and he just laughes.

"I'm Ashton." He sticks his hand out for me to shake but I just stare at it. "You know you're supposed to shake my hand."

"That doesn't mean I will."

"But it's a handshake."

"I know what a handshake is." I smile at him.

"You obviously don't since you're not shaking it."

"Would you feel better if I shook your hand?"

"Yes."

"Fine." I shake his hand. "I'm Marissa."

"Pleasure to meet you, Marissa."

"Nice to meet you, Ashton." I laugh a little then look back over the lake.

--

UGH IM SOOOOO SORRY GUYS! I FEEL LIKE SUCH A SHITTY PERSON! ANYWAY, LOTS OF LOVE BC I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! MAYBE I'LL UPDATE NEXT WEEK BUT I DON'T KNOW! SORRY FOR ANY SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES! ~HandyHoran XOXOXOXO