Chapter 9

Marissa's POV:

As soon as the guy started to wake up I nudged Ashton's shoulder with my own. Ashton lifted his head from looking at his finger nails and looked at me.

I moved my head towards the stranger and he saw that his eyes were starting to open.

Immediately Ashton stood to his feet and went in front of the boy so he was the first thing the man saw.

As soon as the guys eyes were fully open Ashton smiled.

"Hi. How are you?" He asked the stranger.

"What the fuck man! You fucking beat my head!"

"Actually, I just hit pressure points and covered your mouth so you wouldn't scream. I am at no fault," Ashton smiled widely again.

"Man, just let me out of these ropes."

"Okay."

"Ashton..." I lowered my voice and looked at him.

"Nevermind. I cannot do that. My lady friend says I can't. My deepest apologies."

"Let me talk to him," I whispered to Ashton after I got out of my seat.

"I'm not done yet."

"I'm the one with the rifle. Let me talk to him."

"What? No- No man! You can't leave me with her! She's got a fucking gun!" The stranger yells and Ashton walks away to stand by Ireland behind the guy.

I pull a chair up in front of the guy and sit down, laying the rifle on my lap. I can see Ashton taking a seat behind the guy in case I mess this up. We had this planned but Ireland stopped it saying she couldn't talk to the guy, so I am in her place.

"So, what's your name?" I ask.

"I'm not giving you my name. Get that guy back here and I'll tell him."

"Tell me your name of I'll shot you in the foot. I've heard it's very uncomfortable to be shot there."

"I dare you to shot me in the foot."

I flash a worried look at Ashton and realize that I'm going to need to use a pistol to aim right.

Ashton mouths words at me, none I can understand so I just go with my original idea... Shooting the guy in the foot.

I get out of my seat to get a better angle and cock the trigger.

I dip down to frighten him a bit.

As my finger touches the cool silver metal of the trigger, I hear the guy move in his chair.

"Wait... I'll tell you my name," he said and I let out a breath. I put the gun back on safety, going back to sit down in the chair.

"Really? I mean- Great."

"My name is Trevor. Trevor Flink."

"Last name too? Fancy," I say and Ashton coughs from behind Trevor. I go back to our reheased questions. "How'd you get into this building?"

"The side door was opened for me. From inside."

I look at Ashton and I know Ben just popped into his head too.

"He had brown hair and really blue eyes," and at that moment my heart sunk.

"Fuck!" I screamed and put my head in my hands and recollect myself and ask Trevor another question. "Why did you come in here?" My head still in my hands.

"I don't really know. I just remember this girl and she told me to go here."

Suddenly Ireland shows interest in the conversation and stands in front of the boy.