The Final Goodbyes

"Caitlin was one of the strongest women I know," Cisco started his speech, "She was a daughter, a caring doctor, and once a wife. To me, Caitlin was a friend, a best friend," Cisco began tearing up, "I remember the first time I met her at Star Labs, Hartley, that dick," he joked trying to lighten the mood as always, "he wouldn't leave me alone criticising my every move. Caitlin told him off, called him a narcissistic buzzkill, said that was the reason why he wasn't invited to the employee Christmas party," Cisco grinned, having happy thought of Caitlin run through his mind. Now realizing he would never experience anymore he began tearing up more. "Caitlin has always had her struggles in life, she battled with the darkness countless times and she has won countless times. But you can't fight the same battle forever and always expect to win. The fact that she has survived so long makes her a hero. And I hope now, Caitlin," Cisco sighed, "You're happy up there with your dad and Ronnie. We will forever, love and miss you." 

The group clapped softly as Cisco walked away from the altar next to the casket and the priest began saying a few words. Barry didn't want to say anything, he felt bad. He was never there when she actually needed him the most the past two years. Iris was still fed up with guilt, and Julian sat reserved in the crowd still blaming his clumsy hands for her death HR was finally allowing himself to let his grievances out now since he had been strong for the team to set up all the arrangments. 

Doctor Tannhauser sat in the back, she had shed all her tears the night before so no one would see her cry. Her baby was gone, she didn't even get to say goodbye. 

After the funeral service, everyone migrated to the bar/restaurant that was reserved for the event. Here Doctor Tannhauser thought about meeting the family Caitlin had for the past few years, but she hesitated and went home going straight back to work. Julian sat at the bar, drinking his sorrows away with HR drinking his coffee. Barry and Iris sat in the booth, trying to comfort each other while also struggling with their own pain. Cisco sat on a bar stool drinking his Shirley Temple, thinking about his memories with Caitlin.

From that day, the team was never the same and soon there was no team. Everything had changed...

..............................................................

Later at night in the cemetery. Caitlin's grave in dug up with two ARGUS agents putting back the dirt to make it look like nothing happened. 

"Director Bordeaux," said another agent, "where do you want her transported?"

"Bring her to where we keep the rest of the Suicide Squad," thin, dark-haired woman, wearing military clothing, ordered. "And let's hope that necklace is still on."

She had two different colored eyes, one red and the other blue.  

THE END

_____________________________________

Comment if you all want a continued version of this and want to know what ARGUS is up to.