9. Was that a drug exchange?

Sophia

Chris wasn't kidding when he said my life was going to be very full on. It was the first day and he had just texted me an itinerary of today.

8:30 - driver will pick you up

9:00 - radio interview

11:00 - studio session 

14:00 - soundcheck

17:00 - phone interview

20:00 - showtime

23:00 - home

Well, what a busy day indeed. It was currently 8:30 and the driver was no where to be seen. You'd have thought with the day being so crammed they'd stick to schedule. Clearly not.

I was currently sat on the couch that looked down onto the main road from the apartment, when a loud engine echoed the streets. A few moments later a Ferrari rolled around the corner and stopped outside my apartment. 

Surely this wasn't my ride? I'm not being fussy or stereotypical but when he said a driver would be picking me up I imagined an estate car and a chauffeur. The car horn went off and so I assumed this was my ride. 

My family were all still in bed, but I'll be surprised if the sound of the engine hadn't woken them up. I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder.

I approached the car cautiously, not quite knowing what to expect. I came to a stop beside it, not really knowing whether to get in or not. The extremely blacked out windows hid the drivers identity. I'm pretty sure windows that dark are illegal but who knows.

The windows rolled down as if on queue and it revealed the driver to be the one and only Calum Hood.

"Are you coming or what?" He snapped.

Just like someone pressing play on a remote I quickly found myself scrambling into his car. Before I even had time to buckle my seatbelt Calum's foot hit the gas and we were speeding down the small narrow street. 

I tried my best to get my seatbelt in and after a few attempts, I managed.

My hand found its way to the hand rail on the car door and I realised I was gripping on for life. Calum's driving was reckless. He was going way over the speed limit and every movement he made on the steering wheel was jerky and rough. I felt like I was in a go kart.

I wasn't going to say anything until he decided to run a red light, resulting in horns coming from every direction.

"Oh my god are you trying to get us killed?" I screamed.

This was the first time I had actually spoken to him and we'd been in the car for ten minutes now.

He rolled his eyes, "I know what I'm doing, so please shut up."

"Wow you actually know how to say please? I thought you had no manners." I said and also rolled my eyes.

"Being funny doesn't suit you." He said bluntly.

"Well being a dick doesn't suit you but here we are." I snapped.

I couldn't believe what I had gotten myself into, there was no way I was going to last two months with this douche, we can't even have a civil conversation without arguing. 

After a few more minutes we pulled up in some dodgy backstreet and I immediately felt uncomfortable. I thought we were going to the radio station. "Wait here." Calum said and left me no choice as he got out the car and locked me in. 

I watched as he walked up to some shady guy and they exchanged something in their hands. 

Woah woah woah, wait a second. Did Calum Hood seriously just take part in a drug exchange. He has got some nerve doing it directly in front of me. In fact, is he stupid? He knows full well I could go to the press, the police and Chris. 

When he got in the car I just stared at him in shock. "I can't believe you just did that." I said.

He started the engine and a few moments later we were back on the main road heading for the studios. "What I do is none of your business." Calum said in a monotone voice.

"You just straight up bought drugs in front of me and you're telling me it's not my business?" I snapped.

Calum simply laughed and dove into his pocket and chucked something on to my lap. I frowned at what was in the plastic bag. I picked it up to get a closer look. And I was gobsmacked as to what it was. "Is this lavender?" 

"Like I said, it's none of your business but since I don't want you screaming it from the roofs. Yes it is lavender, it helps my anxiety." Calum spoke. 

"Oh." I awkwardly passed the bag back and suddenly felt really stupid. I can't believe I accused him of drug dealing. Just goes to show what you see isn't necessarily what you actually see and there are deeper meanings to everything. "Sorry."

"Forget it." He muttered and turned the radio up, probably to drown out my false accusations. I don't blame him to be honest.

***

"Everyone this is Sophia, Sophia this is Michael, Luke and I believe you've already met Ashton." Chris said.

I glanced at the boys in front of me. They were all very attractive and I suddenly felt really nervous and awkward. Ashton's familiar smile put me at ease slightly.

"Hey nice to meet you," Luke smiled.

"How's it going?" Michael said.

"Wow, it's nice to meet you guys." I said softly. 

Calum entered the room we were currently in at the station and he shoved his hands in his pockets. Rocking slowly back and forth on his feet.

"Why were you late Cal?" Michael asked, breaking the silence that had formed after Calum entered the room.

"Just had some stuff to take care of." He replied.

"Don't tell me you were buying drugs again?" Ashton said in a harsh whisper.

I looked at Calum, his eyes somehow saddened. I wondered if the boys thought he was buying drugs like I did or he actually does take drugs and he manipulated me into believing he didn't. But by the look in his eyes and the way he replied with a sluggish "whatever", had me believe it was the former option. 

Why did he hide the fact that he used lavender to calm his anxiety, surely the boys would understand that? This boy is a bigger mystery than I thought and I was eager to find out what made him this way.

AN

Hope you enjoyed this part! All the drama will really start now, I'm excited!

Question of the chapter: Favourite film?

-Liv x