Chapter 4

I walked down the hall slowly. Not really wanting to be here. It also gave me time to think. Think about who I was going to be. Think about who I wanted to be. I didn't really know. I just knew I didn't want anyone to notice me.

I heard laughter from somewhere behind me but I didn't care enough to turn around. Whoever it was wasn't worth my time anyhow.

The laughing, or some would say giggling, was getting louder and louder and it became harder to just ignore it.

Finally I couldn't ignore it because whoever had been laughing ran straight into me. I was about to start freaking about but as I opened my mouth to say something, no words came out.

The boy standing before me was with out a doubt one of the most perfect people Id ever seen. He was like the kind of boys you'd only dream about knowing. Back at my old school I would have been up and flirting by now but all I could do was sit and stare.

He finally reached out and a hand to help me up but I just ignored him.

"I'm so so sorry!" he said as I pushed myself off the ground.

"I really wasn't paying attention and I thought everyone would be in class by now. I mean not that I'm better than anyone and am allowed to be out of class..." he rambled on like that for a couple minutes but I was only half paying attention. When I was finally able to fully focus on the boy in front of me he was looking at me expectantly.

"Um.. what?" is all I could say. I probably sounded like such a loser but what did I care? Actually I kind of care. But no one needs to know that.

He smiled before saying again "I said I'm Ashton. What's your name?"

I hesitated before answering with a simple "Pandora."

"Pretty name. So where are you from?" The boy that I now knew as Ashton asked. He was talking to me more than I would have liked. I really didn't want to get to know anybody and I don't want anybody getting to know me.

So, being the kind person that I am, I walked away.

"Hey! where ya going?" He shouted after me.

"None of your business."

instead of answering he just ran up beside me.

"Okay." He followed me until I suddenly stopped walking.

"Look. I'm going to mrs. Wells class and I'm sure that's not where you need to be so just leave me alone." with that I walked off and to my displeasure, or pleasure I'm not yet sure, he continued walking with me.

"Actuallllyyy, that is where I'm going!" Ashton said with a smile.

Great.

He continued talking to me about something that I didn't care about until we finally reached the class.

I reached for the door and entered without looking at anyone but the teacher.

As soon as we walked in the whole class stopped talking. After a few seconds the teacher who I assumed was Mrs. Well finally spoke "How may I help you? and Ashton you may take a seat."

It was awkward with everybody staring at me so instead of answering I just handed her me schedule.

"Ah, ms. Young! We are very happy that you have joined our school!" She said in the most obvious fake voice id ever heard. "I'm assuming you are so late because you couldn't find the class, yes?" without giving me time to answer she continued talking. "I see that Mr. Irwin helped you find your way so he might as well be your tour guide for the day. Does that sound good? Okay you may take a seat right up front next to Mr. Hemmings" she pointed to a bored looking boy with a quiff and lip ring.