Chapter 17

"Why are you so nervous, bro?" Aldo chuckled, excited but nervous himself. "I should be the more nervous one, introducing my girlfriend for the first time and all."

Dan smiled, fiddling with his fingers on his lap. "Yeah, I don't know why I'm so nervous. Maybe it's this place, or then the fact I haven't seen Bri in a long time properly."

It was the following Monday, and Dan was already feeling like new and fresh after the luckily short illness.

Aldo had wanted the girlfriend introduction to be done, so he had arranged the meet-up in a shop centre in the city. It was oddly nice and special to be able to go out with Dan again.

Waiting for the girls, the brothers had gone to have some ice cream. As it was Jared's first day at work, he couldn't join them but trusted Dan with his brother.

"You'll love her" Aldo rubbed his hands together. "She's the best...after you, I mean. And she loves you already, so you have nothing to worry about. But, she's coming with one of her best friends, Ice, and she's Niall's girlfriend. They were just here shopping so they'll come together to hang out with us."

"Ice?"

"Yeah, short for Alice. They kinda got their nicknames together. She's great though too, despite the name. She likes to sound and be tough."

Dan hummed in thought. "If you're so sure it's going to be fine, why are you so tense?"

"Maybe...I just really like Bri and I want this everything to go just perfect, you know."

"But if you really like her, and she likes you back, then it's already going perfect. Now, finish your ice cream before they come."

Aldo chuckled, grabbed the spoon again and finished his almost completely melted rocky road flavoured ice cream. His brother had finished his vanilla ice cream five minutes ago.

Less than five minutes later, Aldo told Dan he saw them and stood up. Dan instinctively attempted to stand up too, obviously failing so he blushed by himself.

Recognising vaguely the other one of the girls as Bri, Dan watched awkwardly as Aldo kissed quickly his girlfriend. The brothers were the opposite on public affection.

Dan didn't like PDA too much, he wanted the affection to be real and between just the two of them and not showing off. Aldo on the other hand, wanted to show off his girlfriend it being important too, at least holding hands as much as possible.

"Oh, Dan" Bri sighed happily turning fully to him, after the kiss slightly flushed which made Dan smile of the fact he wasn't the only one apparently blushing easy. "I'm so happy to see you again. This is one of my best friends Ice, I suppose Aldo has told you about her."

"Of course, about both of you" Dan said still smiling, and Bri hit playfully Aldo's side who was smirking proudly next to her. "And it's so great to see you two too. But please, everybody sit down so I'm not the only one."

Aldo agreed and they sat down around the table, but then he noticed all the shopping bags Bri and Ice were carrying.

"Babe, what did we talk about you trying to tone down the shopping?" Aldo asked disapprovingly but amused.

Bri glanced at Ice, guilt shining through both their smiles. "No, this is Ice's and she really needed new clothes. I'm just, uh, helping her to carry the bags."

"Yeah, it's all mine this time" Ice agreed when Aldo gave her a questioning look.

Aldo snorted but let it go for now. "Sure. You ladies hungry? It's on me, we're in a coffee bar and I missed dinner so I'm going to get something."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)