ONE

December 1997

Furiously, the eight-year-old Princess of Wales rubbed her fingers against her nose. Sighing, she stared out the window as raindrops fiercely hit the window. Aside from her sat her maid preparing her a delightful cup of tea.

"If you hadn't gone in the snow without your mittens on, you wouldn't have this cold of yours." Her maiden reprimanded Lucy while pouring the steaming hot cup of tea.

"What else would I have done after I got finished with my lessons?" Lucy argued forcefully taking the China teacup as the maid glared at her with her beady brown eyes.

"Come up to your chamber and study for your exams this winter." The maid addressed her as she swiftly got up and locked eyes with the princess.

"Your father has requested that you stay inside until your temperature has returned back to normal. Until then I will be seeing you at meals and time checks." After she finished she gathered her sterling sliver tray and left the room leaving the princess alone to drink her tea.

"I don't even need to study." Lucy murmured under her breath before a car horn interrupted her thoughts. Seconds later, Lucy jumped out of bed and dashed to the window scanning the entrance of the castle for the visitor.

Once Lucy glimpsed at the tall figure, right away she recognized her brother, William, in a sky blue polo shirt with khaki pants.

"Thank goodness!" Lucy exclaimed running out of bed gathering her nightgown as she ran to the door before sprinting down the hallway filled with maids chuckling at the young princesses surprise.

Passing by Harry's room Lucy banged on the door hearing her brothers sigh coming from inside the room. "What is it Lucy? I was taking a kip." He asked her rubbing his eyes as he woke up.

"Will's back from Eton!" She shrieked as Harry pressed his hands to his ears while squinting his eyes from his sisters excitement.

"Would you calm down?" Harry asked her as she heard the palace door shut and men's voices echoing the halls.

Not missing a second of seeing her oldest brother Lucy sprinted to the entrance of the castle and ran into Williams arms.

"Lucy, you are supposed to be resting." Charles, her father, told the princess while William wrapped his arms around her petite body.

"I'm fine, Dad." Lucy told him letting her hands examine her body showing that she looked fine. William then lifted his little sister up and put her on top of his broad shoulders.

Charles couldn't help but laugh at the sight of his two children having fun being together after being apart for awhile now.

"Well, you came just in time for tea." Charles told his son who gave a look of pleasure since he had been in the car for quite awhile.

"Great, I'm starved." William told his father giving his sister a playful look as they walked to the living room and sat on the cream couch.

"How was Eton?!" Lucy asked with her contagious smile spreading across her face as William chuckled at the sight of his very excited sister.

"Wonderful, everyone treats me as a normal school boy and not like the next king." William told them chuckling while a maid poured both him and Charles a cup.