THREE

Allured by the scent of the sweet cinnamon rolls being baked in the kitchen Lucy took her gaze off of her book, Little Women, and dashed down the staircase meeting the scent of the delectable pastry.

"Good morning, princess." Darren McGrady, the royal chef who made all their meals, greeted the princess.

"Good morning, yourself Darren." She told him as he prepared her a plate of the Wales children favorite breakfast dish. Every now and then the chef would surprise them with the gooey bun.

"Was it you last night that I heard singing the Spice Girls?" Darren questioned her as she choked on her orange juice earning a chuckle from the chef.

"Pretty sure that would be Harry." The princess said smirking to herself while the chef raised his eyebrows and began making the rest of the royal children's dishes.

"Well he was very pleased when your father surprised him with the young ladies back at South Africa." Darren told her chuckling at the memory of Harry posing with them.

"Well what 13 year old boy wouldn't be happy meeting women in crop tops and short dresses." Lucy agreed before Charles playfully hit the princesses shoulder walking into the kitchen.

"Hello Darren, I see we're discussing the topic of Harry and the Spice Ladies." Charles said earning a laugh from Lucy.

"Spice Girls, dad." Lucy coughed trying to correct her fathers mistake of her favorite group of singers.

"Just trying to brighten up the princess sir." Darren told Charles as he studied Lucy enjoying her early breakfast.

"I see we're having cinnamon buns this morning." Charles said earning a nod from Darren as Charles made his way to the door. "The family is all seated Lucy. I expect you to be seated with them."

"I forgot it's breakfast!" Lucy exclaimed once her father left the kitchen to where the rest of the family was already seated.

Wiping off her hands from the cream cheese frosting  Lucy hustled to the door shouting, "See you at dessert!" To Darren as she made her way to the dining room where her inpatient family sat leaving one chair open for Lucy.

"Sorry everyone... grandma." She said nodding at the queen at the end of the table who nodded at her giving her permission to take her seat next to her father and Harry.

"You have crumbs on your lip." Harry whispered in Lucy's ear as her eyes went wide before she took the napkin and wiped off the evidence of her early breakfast.

"Today's plan as you all know is that we go St. Mary Magdalene church for our service and then head to Sandringham House for our lunch." The Queen told her family as Charles nodded his head.

"Very well, now we shall eat and then pamper for the service." The Queen announced as the servants prepared each member a plate of breakfast which had been everything but a cinnamon bun.

Once every member had finished their breakfast the Queen gave permission for everyone to get ready before they would leave for Church.

"Nice move, Lucy." Harry teased his sister he nudged her arm as they headed up the stairs with Charles and William following behind them.

"At least I had a good breakfast." Lucy shot back making Harry mock his little sisters sassiness as she entered her room. "I have no clue what I'm going to do with myself." Lucy told herself as she made her way to her vanity studying herself thinking of what she should do.

Once Lucy began combing her hair and thinking of how she would style it she noticed that the wind starting to pick up and hail fiercely hit her window.

"Guess I shouldn't wear it down." She told herself as she gathered her hair golden hair and made a braided updo. Once she was about to pin it with a holiday barrette a knock interrupted her thoughts as the door opened revealing her maid.

"Hello princess, you have a reminder that you have 5 minutes left until the other meet downstairs at the door."

"5 minutes!" The princess shouted as she got up tripping on her nightgown making her fall on the ground. "I'm not even dressed!" Giving the maid a signal to leave Lucy ran into her wardrobe searching for her dress she was supposed to have already picked out.

Finally, when she found her dress she threw it on her petite body and zipped it in the back as she put on her stockings and black ballet flats. Running down the staircase while clipping on her barrette her family watched as the young princess, late again, rushed down the stairs before meeting her grandmas disapproving eyes.

"Everyone may go outside while I talk to Lucy for a minute." The Queen told the others as they walked outside the door into the snowy wonderland.

"Lucy, this will be your second time being late for an occasion. Do you think that is flattering to your family?" The queen asked her as the princess looked down at her shoes shaking her head.

"Correct. Now please get your act together and act like a put together princess. I know your still very young but if you never learn then you'll embarrass yourself one of these days." The queen addressed her before signaling for her to exit and meet the rest of them outside.

- - -

Once the family arrived at St. Mary Magdalene church the family is welcomed with well- wishers gathered to see their annual march to church.

Britain's people shouted and exclaimed as the family made their way into the church as the Queen led the way with the Pope. People shouted positive things to the children that day making the young kids smile at the love other gave.

As Lucy was in between both of her brothers she turned around searching the crowd screaming things trying to get the children's attention. Once a young girl on top of her fathers shoulders saw Lucy she fiercely waved at the princess as the princess waved back distracting the young princess who tripped on one of the stairs.

"Are you okay, Luce?" William asked helping the princess get up with Harry supporting her other side. "I'm fine, just acknowledging a young girl." She told them as they were now inside the warm church taking their seats for the service.

Later that evening the family enjoyed a lunch of Norfolk turkey and other festivities before the Queen's annual tv address each year. All seated in the green room everyone sat patiently awaiting the message. The message addressed the Queens anniversary and Princess Diana's death. Once the part had came on about the funeral Lucy's crystal blue eyes filled with tears as she tried to make it unnoticeable. With William seated next to her he rubbed her shoulder reassuring her as all the Wales children had to watch the recordings of the funereal.

Sorry for such a long wait I had such a hectic week and a short writers block before I gathered what I should write. Also I've noticed a couple books that have wrote very similar parts.So with that please don't steal ideas or even characters names. I would be more then happy to help or even write a story with you but please don't steal ideas. Sorry I have to address this.