Chapter 1

~ Riley's pov ~ 

"Riley, you're just a waste of space!" My mom yelled in my face.

"If you're not happy with me here then maybe I should just leave!" I yelled and ran upstairs.

"RIley! Get down here!" She yelled. I locked my door. She started pounding on my door. "Open this door right now young lady!" She yelled. I grabbed a suitcase and started packing clothes. "Alright, that is it! I'm calling in your brother!" She yelled.

"Yeah like Jake's going to do a damn thing!" I yelled packing still. 

"Open this damn door then." She said. I finished packing. Just gonna wait till she's passed out drunk or something to actually escape. I hid my two suitcases under my bed. I sat on my bed and my door opened with Jake and my mom standing there. She gripped my hair and threw me on the floor. I tried getting up but I ended up landing wrong. Fuck. She pulled me up to face her. She slapped me. I spat in her face. 

"Leave me the fuck alone." I said. She gasped and pushed me back causing me to fall onto my bed and she left. Jake looked at me. 

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I said. He nodded. 

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, don't worry about me." I said. He nodded and left shutting my door. I feel bad I'm going to be leaving him here with her. I sighed and locked the door and walked to my bathroom. I saw I had a cut on my left cheek. I sighed and cleaned it up and walked to my room. I grabbed my phone putting it into my pocket along with my money and I grabbed my two suitcases and walked to the balcony window. I threw my suitcases to the bottom and I climbed down the side and grabbed my bags and started walking. Thank God it was night time. I started walking down the dark street thinking to myself. I walked until I got to the airport. I got a ticket for Los Angeles.  I sat down and waited for the flight to be called. Someone sat beside me and I looked and saw a familiar looking ginger. A group sat around us.  "Sorry to be a bother, but why do you seem so familiar?" I asked. The guy looked up at me and now I knew who it was. It was Alan Ashby. Holy shit Of Mice & Men were sitting around me right now. But everyone else was doing their own thing. 

"Maybe because I'm Alan Ashby from Of Mice & Men." He said chuckling.

"Now I know. I'm Riley." I said. 

"Nice to meet you. You're not going to freak out are you?" He asked.

"Nice to meet you too. And no, I'm a fan just not a die hard fan who will go crazy over meeting a band member." I said. He chuckled.

"Well good." He said. He saw my plane ticket. "Oh cool, looks like we're sitting beside each other on the plane too." He said. I smiled.

"Cool." I said.

"What happened to your cheek?" He asked looking at me. I looked at him. 

"Oh, uh nothing. Just got into a fight at home with someone." I said.

"With your sister?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't have a sister." I said. Should I really tell him anything? I mean I only just met him. 

"Oh, then who did that to you?" He asked.