Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Darren

I don’t think Lucy really picked up on the fact that I was trying to ask her out.

She was really pretty. Really pretty. It was really weird that I had known her for about 9 hours and already liked her, but she seemed to have that effect on everyone.

I was standing by the guitar rack, surveying what had become a Welcome-To-Starkid party. Lucy and Jess were definitely getting along with everyone; currently, Jess was in a deep conversation with Lo, who also danced, and Lucy was gesturing animatedly, telling a story to Meredith and Joey, who were laughing. I was so grateful for all the beautiful people that I was lucky enough to call friends. Walker, Dylan, and Julia were ‘bartending’ in the kitchen; Jaime was tapping her foot to the beat of the music playing over the speakers; Matt, Holden, Jim and Britney were in conversation by the other side of the stage.

“Attention, all!” Nick called out. Everyone eventually fell silent. “It’s time to play some music!”

I grinned, thinking back to the first night in the Fortress. We took up guitars (the first and only thing we had in the Fortress at the time), sat in a circle, and sang the night off. It was a really great night.

I set my drink down and helped as my friends arranged the couches in a circle, Jess and Lucy catching on and helping. Nick, Matt, and I grabbed some guitars and I sat down next to Lucy and Lauren, who made room. I started picking out some chords and tuning the guitar. AJ sat down at the piano, which had also been dragged into the circle.

I made a mental note to ask Lucy out right after music was done.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sorry it's short! Hope you enjoy. :)

Thanks for reading!!