/𝐭𝐢𝐩. 𝟒𝟗/

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
𝟺𝟿. ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ.
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

"Yanjun, I told you to make the ghosts go away, not flirt with them!" Xiulan screamed amidst the cacophony of horrid sounds in the amusement park's haunted house.

While she had been cowering away from the fake ghouls only seconds ago, the moment Yanjun decided to start being a fückboy, she decided to stop being a chicken. Several hours had passed of Yanjun's little sister dragging them around the park, when Chengxiao decided she wanted to go into the haunted house.

Immediately Yanjun stopped his conversation with the ghost who'd been quite taken with him, as Xiulan huffed, dragging him off by the ear. Yanjun laughed at Xiulan's red face, never before having seen such a jealous side.

As soon as the trio popped out of the dark abyss and into the bright sunlight, Xiulan's big pout could be easily seen. So far the day had not been going any way she'd wanted. She had expected to be able to sit down and have a conversation with Yanjun, but Chengxiao, as much as she loved the child, was not making it any easier.

"Xiulan," Yanjun called turning the sulking girl around. "What's wrong?" He rested, his hand on her cheek, a teasing smile on his face.

"I—no—um—nothing—" Xiulan could only stutter as she flushed brighter.

Yanjun smirked as he brushed a strand of hair behind Xiulan's ear. Although he'd been reluctant to go to the amusement park at first due to the week's, he'd decided to just enjoy the day. He ultimately planned to take Xiulan home, and have a talk with her before then to apologize for how he'd acted.

However the almost couple's sweet moment was ruined once Chengxiao jumped onto Xiulan who staggered to the left.

"Let's go on that one!" the energetic girl shouted, pointing.

"Which one?" Yanjun turned to follow his younger sister's hand and came face to face with the biggest roller coaster that loomed over the entire park. Even from where the trio was standing, they could here the screams of the riders.

Yanjun didn't even have the time to respond before he was already collapsing to the ground.

¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤

"They're literally never going to be able to talk," Suyin murmured to herself as Yanjun, Xiulan, and Chengxiao stood conversing in the line for the haunted house.

"I know right," a familiar voice commented.

Suyin bolted up in shock at the unexpected voice. "Dinghao! What the fudge!?"

The boy only shrugged, sending his signature sweet smile, as he took a seat at Suyin's table.

"What are you doing here!?"

"Xiulan texted me. She didn't want you to be lonely the whole day."

"Well you can clearly see that I'm fine. Now please shoo! You're not part of the plan."

"Excuse me, I am very much part of this plan. I've adopted Xiulan as my daughter so I'm definitely going to watch over her."