/𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐒/

"So

"So..." A few hours later that night, Zhangjing glanced awkwardly at the girl beside him, as he pressed the car break amidst the slow traffic.

He was less than five hundred feet from where he had to drop Jinghua off at the airport, and the tense atmosphere within the car was driving him crazy. Jinghua hadn't said a word since the car ride began, only staring straight forward with an empty look in her eyes. At first, he thought it was about her vacation getting cut short, but there was something that seemed to be troubling her much more.

Not only that, the last discussion he'd had with his friends was torturing his mind. He knew they were right, but he was conflicted.

'Say something!' his brain screamed as Jinghua turned to face him for the first time.

"Are you—"

A car behind him honked loudly causing Zhangjing's foot to spur forward in shock.

"How's Ling Chao?"

Confusion dotted Jinghua's expression at the sudden question about her long-time friend.

'Of all the things he could've said...' she shook her head.

'What the hell am I doing!?' Zhangjing screamed at himself as he tried to maintain a stable smile, without crashing his car.

"He and his wife just had their first child, so he's doing well. Why?"

"Oh uh no reason— Look we're here!" Zhangjing parked the car next to the drop off area.

Unlocking the car doors, he and Jinghua both got out and met once more at the trunk. He opened the back and took Jinghua's luggage down. Pulling the handle up, he handed it to her.

"Thanks," she muttered.

Now, Zhangjing really knew something was up. "What's the matter?"

Jinghua didn't answer as she dumped her bag on top of the rolling luggage. "I have to go. I have to be at the waiting area early."

"O-okay. Have a safe trip."

Zhangjing waved as she turned away, an unsettling feeling filling his stomach, as though he hadn't completed a job.

'Don't be a coward,' he told himself, before running towards the girl walking into the building.

"Jinghua!" he called, attracting her attention.

She looked at him, surprised, as her friend pulled a small envelope, out of his pocket.

"Read this on the plane, okay?"

Jinghua stared at the little envelope suspiciously, but agreed to his request.

Zhangjing then turned to walk away after saying goodbye once more. However he was stopped as a small but firm hand gripped his arm.