◇1: New Beginnings◇

THUD! I woke up from my slumber as our car ran over a speed bump.

"Hey mom, are we almost there?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "In about thirty minutes hun." She replied. "Is your sister still asleep?" She looked through the rear view mirror, not wanting to look away from the road. "Yeah, want me to wake her up?" She nodded. "Hey Crystal? Time to wake up, we're almost to our destination." I lightly nudged her. She had her head tilted back, mouth open. "Huh..what?" She sat her head up and felt a crick of pain in her neck. "That's what you get for resting like that." I giggled.

"So mom, what does our house look like?" She questioned. "Hm. Well it fits us perfectly, two stories, and a backyard. That's all I was told." She answered. "So I'm assuming you've never seen the house?" I asked and and she nodded. I sat back in my seat and layed on my left side, facing the window.

28 minutes later..

"We're here!" My mom excitingly yelped and parked up in the driveway. I yawned and unbuckled my seat belt. "Y/n, why don't you go choose a room and unpack?" She suggested and handed me the keys. I nodded and went to the trunk to get my box, it was engraved, 'Y/n's belongings. FRAGILE!' As I walked to my door I saw a group of kids ride past on bikes and I sighed. I never really had a friendship, nor a long lasting friend.

"Woah." I whispered as a entered the house and flicked the lights on. At least the real estate agents didn't lie about it being spacious. I gave the house a quick tour, mostly because I wanted to find the best room. At the end of he kitchen there was a clear door leading to the backyard. I analyzed how the weeds were just a bit overgrown, and they even left a lawnmower! I made my way back inside and headed upstairs to a room I found, it had a large window with a curtain that looked like it was made out of cloth, and a single industrial bed that was a light shade of purple.

I plopped on my bed and admired the scents within it. I unpacked what my box had which was mainly CD'S because the rest of my stuff was in the moving van. I heard a loud honk and peeped out my window to see the van and my sister with my mother moving things in. I raced downstairs to see my skateboard outside, practically calling my name. "Yes!" I hopped on my skateboard and did a few tricks I had learned last year. "If you want, you can explore this block with your sister. It's way too dangerous to go alone, especially if we don't know our way around." She sternly said and I nodded.

"I'll just be unpacking, by the time you come back this'll all be in!" She chuckled. "Common sis! We're gonna explore!" She chuckled and grabbed her skateboard. The town was fairly quiet by the time we turned the corner. I saw those kids again and sighed deeply this time. "You okay y/n?" Crystal looked up at me. "Yeah, just wish I had a proper friendship." I said coldy. "Hey it's gonna be okay. Most kids are on summer break and maybe you'll meet a few?" She shrugged and I nodded. "Show me all the tricks you know!" She challenged. I smirked and did an Ollie. "Hey that's pretty good!" She laughed.

We continued to do some tricks and headed home. She was right, everything was in. "Good job mom!" I complimented as I walked in because the door was open. "I try! Oh and lock the door please?" I did as she said and placed my skateboard down. "Okay Crystal, pick a room because you're late on that." Mom was preparing dinner because it was already evening time. "I'm going up to my room okay mum?" She nodded and said, "There's two more boxes waiting for you upstairs aswell." She assured.

I made my way to my room and unpacked all my clothing and put them in my drawer. "Oof, I should take a shower, I'm rank!" I made my way to the bathroom and started running the water down the showerhead. I undressed and hopped in feeling the warm water trickle. down my neck. "Pssst. Y/n Psssst." I heard a voice whisper down my drain. I walked closer and heard it say, "Come down, come float with us..." I looked at it in confusion, "W-Who are you?"

"Betty Ripsom- Patrick Hockstetter.." I decided enough was enough and washed up quickly, turned off the water, and wrapped a towel around my body to enter my room. So many thoughts rushed through my head. 'Why are their spirits talking to me?' and, 'Is this house haunted?' 'What do they mean float?'

"DINNER'S READY!' I heard my mom call out from downstairs. I quickly threw on some PJs, which is shorts and a tank top, and knocked on Crystal's door. "Come in!" "Mom says dinner's - woah." Her room was retro themed with pink all over, CD'S, a Polaroid camera, posters, and she still even had those roller skates from 2 years ago! "Nice room." I smirked. "Thanks, and I'm coming down for dinner in a second, just have to set this light up." I nodded and slowly closed the door behind me.

When I made my way downstairs I felt an urge of pain in my head. "Ugh!" I stopped in my tracks. "Are you okay Y/n?" Mom hopped up the two steps. "Yeah, just temporary pain, I think." I replied and she nodded. "Well you can just go straight to bed of you'd like. I still have to look for a job tomorrow for some more supplies." She patted my back. "Yeah, that's what I'll do. Thanks mom." She kissed my forehead. "G'night!" She waved.