Reading List

Whether you're a reader looking for something to peruse or a writer who wants a little extra publicity, a reading list is the perfect thing to get you started, and we've got you covered in our list Mythological Reads. Now you may be wondering...

How do I get my book added?

To get your book added to our reading list, there are four simple steps.

1. Follow our account. This ensures that you are kept up to date with everything that's going on here so you don't miss a single opportunity to shine.

2. Add #TheMythological to your book. This helps both us and our readers find your work.

3. Tag one person you think should be on this list. We're a young account, and we need to get the word out. The good news is, the more people know us, the more people know you!

What counts as a Mythological Read?

Obviously the definition of a myth can be a little sketchy, and easily confused with fairytales and legends. We've got a few guidelines to help.

If your story contains mythological gods, it's a mythological read. For example: Set from Egyptian mythology, Brahma from Hindu mythology, Kukulcan from Mayan mythology, etc.

If your story contains mythological creatures, it's a mythological read.  For example: a griffin, a a sphinx, a pegasus, etc.

If your story is based off of or inspired by a specific mythology, it's a mythological read. For example: your story's gods are not named Loki and Freya, but it centers around ice giants and magic wolves. 

If your story is based off of or inspired by a specific myth, it's a mythological read. For example: a retelling of the story of Pandora's box. 

In general, a mythological read will usually involve a supernatural being and/or religious culture. Though fairy tales are not technically mythology, it's all folk lore, so we do include fairytale retellings.  If you're not sure if your story counts, feel free to ask!

Form:

Story link:

Have you followed us/added the tag?:

Tag 1 person: