Part 3

Jac was now standing behind her desk facing fletch, her heart was racing, she was 99% sure he was here because of the text she just sent him. Fletch walked up to her, not breaking the eye contact and placed his hands on her cheeks they were both leaning in their lips about to touch. Until they heard a knock at the door :" come in" jac said half laughing, as her and Fletch stepped away from each other. It was Emma and Theo, along with a creche worker who explained the creche had to close early so she brought the kids up here. The creche worker had now left and Emma and Theo were happily sat on the sofa chatting away. Fletch looked and laughed at the scene but then he noticed jac with a worried expression on her face. "whats wrong?" he questioned, not knowing if she'd actually answer truthfully "nothing...well its just I have theatre in 10 minutes and Jonny is on holiday so there is no one to look after Emma". " well I finish now, and I promised the kids we were going to eat out today so Emma can come join us and you can collect her when your ready" fletch explained confidently proud he had a solution. " Fletch I can't expect you to do that" jac said quietly, not wanting the children to hear. "look you know how I feel about you and Emma and I wan to do anything to help, so let me........please?" Jac nodded and mouthed thank you as we walked over to Emma to explain what was going to happen.

Two hours later Jac was sat in her car ready to go and collect Emma which was when she realised he didn't know where they were so she reached for her phone to text fletch.

Fletch,

I've finished surgery and I'm about to leave so can you let me know where you are. 

Jac

She sat waiting in her car just thinking about fletch and how they had finally admitted how they felt after months of knowing. She wished they weren't interrupted earlier then they might of kissed. There had been many moments like that recently but even more before she had left, except today felt like they were ready. 

At the restaurant Fletch was replying to Jac's text, with Evie watching over his shoulder, "add a kiss add a kiss" she said getting the attention of all the children at the table "yeah go on dad" Mickey chipped in. Emma decided to join in "I think you should too, mummy always talks about you I know she loves you, I even wrote it on the record". Unsure of what she meant he added a kiss away.

Hi Jac,

Sorry I completely forgot about telling you! We are at Pizza hut in town.

Fletch x

Jac read the text she had completely forgotten about a kiss, oh well she thought at made her way to them.

Fletch noticed Jac as soon as she walked in, he began to walk towards her, she had changed out of her scrubs " you look beautiful" she said quietly but loud enough for her to hear. She just blushed slightly and smiled. "right Emma ready to go? what do you say to Fletch?" Emma just looked at her grumpily "I want to stay here I don't want to go home" Jac just sighed she knew this was going to be difficult. Now Fletch could tell Emma didn't want to go and Jac was clearly tired. "hey" he said facing jac " why don't you come back to mine for a bit Emma and play with the others and I want to ask you about something Emma said over dinner" he said jokily. Before she had a chance to reply all the kids had shouted "yeah" and ran out into the car park. Fletch place his arm round Jacs shoulder, happy when she leaned into his side, as they walked out to the cars. 

They made it back to Fletch's house, within seconds all the kids had disappeared, Jac followed fletch into the living room where they sat down next to each other. " so what did Emma say" Jac said hiding her face embarrassed of what it could be. "well she said she knows you love so she wrote it on a record or something" Fletch said slightly confused. Jac began to explain "promise you won't be annoyed" Fletch nodded "That day when you put all those records in my office I could tell you were lost without Raf and needed a distraction. So on my way out I took a record with me , intending to put it back,  but I encouraged you to complete the collection to focus on something. Anyway long story short I went to put it back which was when I realised Emma had written "mumy loves fletch" on it. So that's why I went to all that effort to replace it " Jac sat back looking at Fletch who looked shocked. "I should leave " Jac said as she got up . "no" Fletch said as he also stood up, they were now standing inches away from each other . Fletch leaned in and kissed her glad when she didn't pull away. Their arms were wrapped round each other as they pulled apart "thank you" he said "for what?" Jac questioned quietly "for looking out for me even when I didn't know it". Jac smiled and rested her head on his chest as he enveloped her in a hug.