Anastasia's Robot

The next day, Marie dragged herself out of her warm bed and took a quick shower. She still hadn't found new information, but didn't care about the case. Marie threw on a simple outfit, then walked to the kitchen, scavenging for food.

Coming out with an egg and stale bread, she made a sandwich and scarfed it down, gathered her portfolio and called her friend Anastasia, who picked up instantly.

"Hey, Marie. I was hoping you could come over. I think I can help you. Get off that couch RIGHT NOW." With that, the line went dead.

Well, Anna's always been quick to understand things. Making sure she locked the door, Marie heads outside and toward the Anahelms, where Anna worked. It was only a short walk from home.

When she got there, she found Anastasia waiting outside with a robot.

"I was waiting, slowpoke. Anyway, this is Melvin, my robot with artificial intelligence and deductive power." Anastasia snapped her fingers, and Melvin came alive.

"Hello, Anastasia... and Marie, you're here for a vacation. Yesterday you met a man while going to your vacation home. He was about your age, and--" Anastasia clapped her hands twice, and the creature shut off.

"He's annoying, but it's ok." Anastasia rushed back inside to the warm building, ditching her friends.

"Well, I guess it's just us, Melvin." Marie stooped down and picked up the robot and walked to work. Five minutes later, she bumped into the man she had seen yesterday. He wore the same coat, but Marie could make out a shape in his pocket. He noticed and hurried away.

Marie continued on her trek to work, when suddenly, the robot turned on automatically. "That man had a gun. You saw it."

"He was wearing the same coat." Marie replied.

"I could also make out that his shoes were worn out, which doesn't make sense as they are formal."

"You're pretty smart. But, Anna did build you." By this time, the pair was at Marie's office. There was an eerie quiet outside, and inside, she set the robot on the ground and took a 360 turn. Nothing weird, so she decided to look in Harry's office, and through the glass on the door, saw the bright inside. Marie waited for Melvin to catch up, and opened the door, wide-eyed.