Assassination

Harry was... dead. Marie stared at him as the robot whirred inside. "Enter." The robot circled the office, watching the unconscious boss. "Bullet to... the head, this morning. Killer knew police would find out, so he put... poison in his coffee."

"Awesome! How'd you know?" Marie asked, astonished.

"Deduction's an art," the robot replied, pleased.

Well, Harry's dead, so I don't have to deal with him anymore. Marie thought. "Melvin, I might know who the killer is."

Marie phoned the police, then walked to the door. As she neared it, a person's silhouette appeared outside." Melvin. Look."

Melvin peered through the glass, looking at the shape. "Black coat, medium height, work shoes-- We saw him in the morning!"

"We were lured here. I see." Marie replied angrily. She flung the door open, facing her attacker.    "YOU'RE THE KILLER, AREN'T YOU?"

"Oh, wonderful, you figured it out with the help of your flimsy robot. But I have the gun, and the upper hand. Surrender, Maria. It's over. I hate you to your guts. Why are you still here?" With that, the mysterious man wreathed in black shrugged off his hood. Marie's eyes widened.

"I should have recognized that accent, Alexander."

The police's bright blue and red lights flooded the building. "You're the one who's going down. And you won't be swinging." Marie smiled triumphantly, watching her rival failing.

"Upper hand, huh? More like higher ego." Melvin said, staring after the criminal.

"Thanks, Melvin. You're amazing."

"Well, you need a new job," the robot replied.

"And I know who I need." Marie replied. "Anastasia. I also need a house here, if I'm getting a new job."