Chapter Two: Marie's Journal

I've dreamt of the day ever since it happened, exactly one year ago. I still can't believe how childish we acted, we were thirteen but we were so stupid.

I think there is something we are missing about the necklace Claire found, something about the dungeon, those rocks. Everything about that day just doesn't add up. Claire and I have both relived that day many times, and we still can't figure out what happened that day or why.

"Hey where do you want to go today?" Claire just walked in snapping me out of my daydreams.

"Oh hey Claire, sorry I was just thinking about last year."

"It's been stuck in my head to Marie. But today is our fourteenth birthday, anywhere you want to go?" Claire asked.

" No, not really."

"Oh good how bout we go back to the dungeon." Claire smirked, her weird smile meant she was up to something.

"Claire, why would you want to to back there?" I asked weirded out

"I need to know what happened last year, it was so weird." She stubbornly informed me, normal Claire. "I've been thinking, Marie, none of what happened there makes any sense."

"Claire, you are right about that. But remember we were lost last year when we found the cave, how do you plan on finding it again?"

"Don't worry I remember the way we came back there was only a few turns."

"Claire, we both know you hate it when someone says this, but you're dyslexic."

"Yea Marie I know that, and yes I hate it when people say that."

"Fine I'll follow you but we have to be home for our party tonight."

"Don't worry about that, we'll be back in plenty of time for our party."