Chapter 7: Marie's Journal

Claire was in her flashback freaking out.

"Hey Claire. It's ok. Relax. Calm down. Everything will be ok." I have to calm her down. I've witnessed her having a flashback before. That one was only about one of her homes that was pretty bad. She freaked out about it for hours. I don't know how to calm her down, I didn't then...I can't now. But I have to cause I know that this flashback will be so much worse than before. Because I know she's thinking about the day the police took her away from her parents. She's told me a little bit about that day before, she was so young. But I know that was bad for her. She's told me how much pain she was in when she was living with her parents. She told me that they would forget to give her food or even water at least once a week. She was so young it sucks to think about someone having to go through all that. It makes sense that she freaks out even thinking about cages or small spaces. I just feel so bad for her I don't know how to help her, I wish I did.

"Hey Claire. Claire. Are you ok?"

"Marie?"

"Yes Claire it's me. Are you alright."

"Well uh no. Can't. Stop. Uh. Thinking. Uh. Memories. Devastating. Uh. Uh."

"Claire your panting. Breathe in slow. Ok now out. Calm down Claire everything's fine. In. And out. One more time. There you go. Ok now."

"Marie. I'm not ok."

"Claire oh come here. Your crying." I have to help her. She's freaking out. She remembers too much. I feel so bad for her. "Better?"

"A little. Thanks. This is why your my best friend Marie."

"Your welcome Claire, you know I'll always be here for you right."

"Yea. You are my best friend. I know."

"Good Claire. Come here. It's ok. You have to relax. We need to think of a way to get out of here."

"I don't know, Marie. I don't know." What am I supposed to do for her. I know we need to focus and getting out of here but...