Chapter 9: Marie's Journal

"Ummm" I don't know what to do, who is that voice.

"I asked a simple question. Who is there?" The voice repeated.

"My name is Marie and that is Claire. Why? Who are you?

"Are you both humans or of magic"

"Of magic? There is no such thing as magic. We are both humans" What is this dude talking about. He makes no sense.

"Magic is not real you say. Oh well then you are both stupid humans. That's for sure"

"Stupid. Stupid humans. What!" Claire screamed out.

"Yes all humans are stupid. Not believing in magic "

"Well if you're not a human what are you?" I asked the creepy man.

"I am the protector of The Ruby and this cave. I shall get rid of all those who trespass. Including you."

"Trespassing no. That's not why we are here. We came for answers about the ruby necklace. The one Claire accidentally broke last year when we were here. And why are we in this cage?"

"If you can get yourself out of that cage I will answer any questions you may have. If you can't then it proves you are not worthy. And only those of magic can out of that special cage. So good luck girls. Call me when you are free"

"Wait. Tell us what's going on, this is not fair"

"Claire, don't bother he won't talk to us now until we are out of this cage"

"So get us out of here, Marie. I need answers and I can't take being in here any longer "

"He said only those of magic can get out. But magic isn't real ."

"Yeah so what are we going to do Marie?"

"Well, we will get out of here. That I can promise " Just how is the question now. Ugh. I have to get Claire out of here. Just her I don't even care if I get out. I just feel so bad for her now.

"Marie congrats you have discovered your true powers. Good job " That creepy voice can back.

"Powers what?"

"Powers. Yes powers. Your love and sorrow towards your friend helped you unleash them. You have opened the gate you may both leave the cage now.

"Yeah" Claire was up and running out.

"Now find the stairs and you will find me at the top. After I will teach you both how to use your new found powers."