Haungting History part 1 (Chapter 2)

Key:
L/N : last name
Y/N : your name
{a/n

Hey guys! This is going to be sort of a back story, so you don't get confused.
-

--------------------------------------------

5 months ago.....

Y/N's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I lay on my bed, thinking about possibly meeting Mari in real life someday. I sit up as I hear my phone ding and walk over to it, going it pick it up but I pause when my mother calls for me.

"Someone is here to see you, Y/N! Get down here! And please be dressed! In a presentable manner!"

I sigh and plop onto my bed, not wanting to go down.
"COMING!!! Even though I don't really want to..." I say, muttering the last part.

Once I'm dressed and presentable, I slowly descend down the stairs, not sure how I need to act or who was even here, to see me of all people!

My mother smiles as soon as she sees me coming down the stairs.
"Y/N, I want you to meet Mr. Agreste. Mr. Agreste, this is my daughter, Y/N."

He nods and looks me over, making me squirm. He then turns to my mom and asks her something which surprises me.
"Mrs. L/N? Do you mind if your daughter and I talk for a while in private?"

She blinks, but snaps out of it and nods.
"Oh, of course, sir. I'll just be in the kitchen making lunch, alright sweetie?"

I nod as she scampers back into the kitchen and I turn back to Mr. Agreste, feeling a little bit nervous.

It's weird how cold his manner seems to be...it's like he's not even human.
I think, standing there with my lips pressed tightly together.

"Ms. L/N." He says, shifting me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, uh, apologies, Sir. I was thinking."

He nodded. "I have come to offer you a job. "

My eyes widen. A job working for him?
"A job...sir?"

He nods once. "You will help me retrieve something I lost long ago that was very dear to me. And, you will use this." He replies, reaching into his coat pocket and pulling out a brooch of some sort.

I tilt my head in confusion, inspecting the brooch carefully.
"If you don't mind me asking....what is that?"

A cold, lifeless small grin comes to his face.

That doesn't suit him at all...

"This, Y/N, is something that will only be revealed to you when you accept the job. "

When?!? Who does this guy think he isn't??
I gnaw on my lower lip, thinking about this decision.
"May I get back to you on that, sir?"

He nods. "But I expect an answer by tomorrow afternoon. You have until 3 o'clock. Good day, Ms. l/N." He stands up and leaves.

I blink in surprise.
What just happened? And what was that thing?
I think to myself as I head into the kitchen.

"How did it go, love?" My mom asks, drying off her hands from rinsing the dirty dishes.

"Um, well, I think it went pretty well... He offered me a job, only told me that I'd help him retrieve something he'd lost that he cherishes, and showed me a tiny purple brooch. I asked him if it was okay if I was to get back to him on that. He told me yes, and that I had until 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. "

Mom nodded. "Alright. His assistant gave me this for more information, whatever that's supposed to mean. "
She hands me a sheet of paper and picks up the sponge again.

I sigh inwardly and glance at the paper as I walk up the stairs.

Dear Ms. Y/N,

I have been instructed to inform you more about what you will be doingIf you do accept the job offered. Mr. Agreste lost a valuable item to him a long while ago, and he says that you will be the best for the job. You will not have to do any labor or physical work at all. You will move to Paris after a few months on the job, in order to be closer, as requested by Mr. Agreste. You will sleep in the Agreste estate and all your valuables and anything else you choose will be brought to a guest room at the estate. If you have anymore questions, call the following number.
(123) 456 7890
S

incerely,
Natalie L/N.

I gasp in surprise.
L/N! Was his assistant related to me? Not possible.
......right?

{Hey guys! This is an origins chapter, as I mentioned above.
Vote and comment!
Love ya!
Stay sweet!
~Princess🐞😸