Chapter 18

The gust of wind started to blew a little harder and Draven persisted they should have returned to their bench to get their towels being wrapped around them. He had told her that any time sooner the temperature would have changed radically.

They marched back to their bench hand in hand. It was already twilight but the scenery around was still serene only this time the fiery ball of orange lowering into the ocean already and there were no seagulls danced above the sky only the sound of cricket substituted them.

"Are you cold?" He asked, his face creased with a genuine concern about her.

She shook her head. "No, I'm fine." She said then added dubiously. "Why are you cold? You want to go back to the hotel?"

Teasing warmth kindled in his gaze as he smiled slightly. "Sounds suspiciously like an invitation."

"Well, I just thought..."

"What did you think?"

Rainie gave a deep breath. "Stop that, will you." She demanded.

Draven's head tilted slightly and a witty smile formed on his powerful face. "Stop what?"

"Your charm!" She snorted. "You keep doing it and I'm telling you, that's not good for my heart."

Draven rolled laughter. The kind of rich and deep laughter while his eyes beamed an amusement. "I hope wouldn't make you to have a heart attack."

"If you keep doing it, I would." She quipped.

He stopped walking and pivoted toward her, his hand was still on hers. "Do you always say the first thing that comes into your head?"

"Usually." She admitted. "Why?"

"Nothing important." He shrugged. "I just really don't know what to do with you."

Well, she had a lot of lists, if he wanted to know. The temptation to tell him was bubbling up but fortunately this time she could hold up her tongue. It was not everyday she could manage successfully to do so.

"So," He went on, shooting her a grin. "Any ideas what should we do next?"

Oh, that she also had. Hundred of them. And none of them the usual ways she had done while she was at the beach. Habitually, she had have been building her own sand-castle, or swimming or sometimes reading. But now Draven was with her, she did not want to do one whit about those things but continuing what they had started not only today but last week. And besides he had promised her what she had wanted to do.

Being shy was out of question for her now.

"If you recall that I've given you my carte blanche, haven't I?" She teased, hoping that somehow it sounded breezy and sophisticated.

And amazingly it worked.

"I've a good memory." He said placing a kiss on tip of her nose before starting pull her hand and began to walk again.

Few minutes later their benches started to become visible. Around them the shore maintained its veil of silence, only the illumination from the cottages had lighted. It was bright enough to keep them in track but dim enough to keep the air of romance stayed still. And as far as this corner of this place was concerned, the only people who existed were them.

She saw everything was still untouched, the champagne, their picnic basket and her towel.

Well, who had have stolen those things in this private, secluded place? She thought. Money really paid for privacy also, apparently, even when there would be a big party tomorrow night but when a man as caliber as Draven Knight demanded privacy, no one would reject his wishes. However, his words played in her mind.