Prologue

| Jahseh Onfroy |

| Jahseh Onfroy |

Walking into Kimetrius house I'm hit with the stench of weed. I've successfully avoided having to smell the shit for almost six months. I knew I shouldn't have come to this party.

"Heyyy! You made it, nigga" kimetrius pops up, holding his hands in the air. I can see him slightly sway in place.

This party started not even a half hour ago and he's already wasted. The people here seem to be in the same boat.

Instead of the loud rap music blasting through the house there slow and sensual music. When I first heard the music and seen the way everyone was sweating and grinding on each other I thought this was a whole other kind of party.

I wouldn't put it past kimetrius to throw one like that.

"Come on, I got some people I want you to meet"

I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not nervous. This is my first time going out to a party in months. There's a lot of temptation and nobody knows I'm suppose to resist.

I was just like these people. All over the place and taking any pill I was handed at a party. Until I realized I need to get my shit together.

Well I didn't realize it, the cops said it was either jail for rehab. After a few months I checked myself out. I didn't need to be there. I can stay away from the shit myself.

I've been doing really good.

We walk back to a room where four other guys were sitting. All of them were kind of doing their own thing.

The guy with medium length dreads was shakily pouring himself another cup of henny, there's a guy with really long hair smoking a blunt while focusing on the wall ahead of him, another guy is throwing his head back and dying of laughter showing off the three Zs tattooed under his eye and the last one is just laying back.

If his eyes weren't open and moving around I'd think he was dead. His chocolate skin is covered in tattoos and a red duraq is tied tightly around his head.

I've been friends with kimetrius for awhile now and I've never seen these guys before. It didn't feel like I was gone that long.

These people came out of nowhere.

Kimetrius claps his hands and gains their attention.

"Igh na, this is my nigga jahseh" his slow ass pushes my shoulders a little and gives us all a wide smile.

The first one to speak up is the guy with the Zs under his eye.

"Since skies slow ass doesn't know how to introduce people, I'll start. My name is Diego but you can call me xan" his teeth poke out in an awkwardly cute way when he smiles

I wave "Jahseh, you can call me Jah or x though"

"Trippie. You don't need to know my real name" the dread head pipes up before throwing his whole cup back and hissing while shaking his head with his tongue out

The kid with the long hair stick his hand out "I'm landon, plain ass Landon"

We both let out small laughs as we shake hands.

Everyone goes back to what they're doing and I realize the guy with the duraq hasn't said anything to me.

When I look at him I notice that he's sitting up and just looking at me. He slowly scoots up in his seat and hold his hand out.

I lay my hand in his and we shake hands slowly.

"Stokeley"

"Jahseh" I felt the need to repeat my name even though it's been said twice already.

He sends me a smirk "nice to meet you beautiful"

My hand and face immediately heat up.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Xan lets out a snort "stoke, leave him alone. Don't nobody want your gay ass"

Stokeley playfully snatches xans hat off his head before hitting him in the face with it.

"You don't know that" he looks towards me before wiggling his eyebrows.

I shift uncomfortably in my spot and avoid his gaze. It's quiet before all of them start laughing like someone told the funniest joke every.

I look around confused before feeling a tap on my knee.

My eyes meet stokeleys "I'm just playing with you. Sit down and relax"

Hesitantly I take the spot next to him.

Stokeley turns to me with a teasing smile before throwing his arm over my shoulder "me and you are gonna be best friends, vro"