0.3

The journey back to the ape territory wasn't long

The journey back to the ape territory wasn't long. But it was one of the most difficult journeys that Connie has ever taken. Why? Why don't you have an Ape King continuously glare daggers into your soul as you try and hide yourself behind an ape that trusts you enough to ride with them.

That's what Caesar did the entire time. He only gave glares and stares at her while they rode home.

When they made it to the ape territory, Connie was nervous about how the other apes would see her. She felt she was trespassing. And indeed she was. Not to mention she's a human. And humans aren't allowed in the ape territory.

That was Caesar's rule. And he has been sticking to it for the past 4 years he's kept it that way. But he couldn't bare to see his wife worried to her limits about the poor human, so he had no chance but to bring her back and treat her.

He hated to disobey his own rules like that, but if it made his wife happy enough to know that the human was okay, so be it.

"Why did you take me back?" Connie asked Caesar as he jumped off his horse.

"You are hurt. Apes here to help you." He said plainly before he walked off. Maurice got off his horse and helped Connie off. Connie yelped in pain and grabbed her side causing Maurice to pick her up.

'Let's get help.' He signed as he carried her to the infirmary.

6 YEARS LATER

"I bet you can't climb higher than me, Blue Eyes." Connie taunted as she smirked down at the blue eyed chimp.

'Sure, I can.' He signed before he climbed higher.

'You want a race, Blue Eyes? So be it.' She thought before she climbed even higher in the tree. Now at age 13, she's learned more sign language, how the apes hunt, and as you can see, how to climb trees.

Connie had grown close to Blue Eyes. They basically see each other as siblings. Caesar has also grown a little closer to Connie, she explained to him about what happened to her family. When he heard the story, he felt awful about treating her badly.

Now, she sees him as a father to her. When she needs to talk, she goes to him, Blue Eyes, or Cornelia, Caesar's wife. Maurice and Connie also have a bond, a sibling-type of bond.

Now, here she was, settled on a tree staring down at the redwoods with Blue Eyes. She picked at a piece of wood before her eyes trailed towards him.

"So, are you going on that hunt later?" She asked as he looked over at her. He nodded before she lightly punched his arm.

"Hey, I totally beat you up here." She said with a smirk as he rolled his eyes. The horn was blown and Connie knew that that meant they had to head back. Blue Eyes began to climb down first, Connie followed after. Connie was still not good with climbing down tall trees. So normally, when she's halfway up the tree, she would caught by either Blue Eyes, Caesar, or Maurice.

Connie looked down slowly to see Blue Eyes had reached the ground. She exhaled softly before she continued to climb down a little more before she jumped off and was caught by Blue Eyes.

"Thank you, my hero!" She joked as she dramatically fainted. Blue Eyes rolled his eyes before she was lightly dropped to the ground.

"Wow! That's wrong, Blue!" She stated causing him to hoot in laughter.

"Come on, let's head back." She said as they both made their way back to the Ape Territory.